Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:52 am

Morning All,

The new thread is here

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by lolita on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:05 am

Thanks for all your fantastic work.

Who the hell asked for the removal of use of force in the UN resolution? Who are those war criminals helpers?

And any word if NATO might use force outside of the UN?

lolita

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:07 am

lolita wrote:Thanks for all your fantastic work.

Who the hell asked for the removal of use of force in the UN resolution? Who are those war criminals helpers?

And any word if NATO might use force outside of the UN?

morning, I have just this minute got up but will have my coffee and find out what is going on. Thanks for your lovely comment! It means a lot!

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:16 am

another arab country now seeing democracy protests. Police are firing teargas into crowds today in Oman

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by trudat on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:17 am

Asharq Al Awsat: The Intelligence Officer fled to Egypt after being sent on a trip of African states to source additional mercenaries #Libya
28 minutes ago
avatar
trudat

Posts : 47
Join date : 2011-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:18 am

confirmation that Tony Blair spoke to Gadaffi on Friday, at the behest of the British and US governments

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:21 am

lolita wrote:Thanks for all your fantastic work.

Who the hell asked for the removal of use of force in the UN resolution? Who are those war criminals helpers?

And any word if NATO might use force outside of the UN?

it is looking like individual NATO countries are likely to act together outside of the UN. There is a legal precedent for this. The operation in Kosovo against genocide was done out of the UN. Russia along with Turkey were against a use of force resolution with Russia saying they would use their veto. Just reading my emails that I woke up to now and there is a view that the Kosovo style approach is totally legal without UN backing.

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:23 am

more on the Tony Blair phone calls:

According to Whitehall sources, Mr Blair made an initial call to the Libyan President, who has ordered helicopter gunships to fire on protesters he described as "rats" and "cockroaches". The Middle East envoy urged him to cease the attacks. The sources suggested that, after consultations with the British Foreign Office, Mr Blair was told that the UK Government would prefer the Libyan President to step down, and so he agreed to phone him again and transmit that message. There was no comment from Mr Blair's office yesterday. Government sources could not say last night whether ministers knew in advance about the initial phone call.

The first oblique hint that Mr Blair might be in active contact with the Libyan regime came in a routine briefing on Friday in which US State Department spokesman P J Crowley said the former PM was among the international figures that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had spoken to during the day. Asked why Mrs Clinton called Mr Blair and if it was because of "his dealings with Gaddafi over the Lockerbie bomber", the spokesman said of Mr Blair: "He has very important and valuable contacts inside of Libya."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/revealed-blairs-secret-calls-to-gaddafi-2226887.html#

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by trudat on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:25 am

SkyNewsBreak: Foreign Secretary: Diplomatic immunity for Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in the UK has been removed
Twitter - seconds ago
avatar
trudat

Posts : 47
Join date : 2011-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by trudat on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:28 am

ishtarmuz‎ RT @KarimHatami: RT #Libyan officials abandon Gaddafi regime en masse #Ghana #MiddleEast
Libyan officials abandon Gaddafi regime en masse |PMOI |
‎ - mojahedin.org
Twitter -
1028
17 minutes ago
avatar
trudat

Posts : 47
Join date : 2011-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by cab123 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:37 am

good morning to all,
avatar
cab123

Posts : 423
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 62
Location : Ohio,USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Diplomatic Immunity

Post by US on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:42 am

"SkyNewsBreak: Foreign Secretary: Diplomatic immunity for Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in the UK has been removed
Twitter - '


What about Gaddafi's sons. Are they allowed to travel with diplomatic immunity?

US
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:44 am

US wrote:"SkyNewsBreak: Foreign Secretary: Diplomatic immunity for Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in the UK has been removed
Twitter - '


What about Gaddafi's sons. Are they allowed to travel with diplomatic immunity?

diplomatic immunity was revoked for the entire family.

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:44 am

cab123 wrote:good morning to all,

morning Cabster!

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by lolita on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:57 am

Janey wrote:
US wrote:"SkyNewsBreak: Foreign Secretary: Diplomatic immunity for Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in the UK has been removed
Twitter - '


What about Gaddafi's sons. Are they allowed to travel with diplomatic immunity?

diplomatic immunity was revoked for the entire family.
Good. Time to shoot them like mad dogs. To quote Andrey Vyshinsky, foreign minister of the Soviet Union during the Soviet trials in the 30s.

lolita

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by lolita on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:12 am

OT but quite important...

Since the US-SK are gonna do new war drills starting tomorrow... and North Korea threaten attack over them...

Any live fire drill near the border is planned?

Regardless of NKorea threats and drills, I think NKorea is due for another provocation within weeks.

What ya think Janey?

lolita

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by BelgianBoy on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:13 am

Twitter probs agn.
avatar
BelgianBoy

Posts : 482
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by BelgianBoy on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:19 am

EUROCONTROL LATEST: following #airports are open/operating in Libya: Tripoli, Sebha, Mitiga (latter only for State flights) http://ow.ly/44bun
avatar
BelgianBoy

Posts : 482
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:19 am

lolita wrote:OT but quite important...

Since the US-SK are gonna do new war drills starting tomorrow... and North Korea threaten attack over them...

Any live fire drill near the border is planned?

Regardless of NKorea threats and drills, I think NKorea is due for another provocation within weeks.

What ya think Janey?

I will check if there is any live fire planned, but I totally agree with you. NK are about ready to start another provocation.

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Paddy on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:21 am

BelgianBoy wrote:Twitter probs agn.

Working again.
avatar
Paddy

Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:23 am

latest refugee figures are estimated at about 120,000

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:24 am

OMAN - 2 fatailties reported as police fire on pro democracy protests - Reuters

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Earth Cries on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:33 am

Janey wrote:
lolita wrote:OT but quite important...

Since the US-SK are gonna do new war drills starting tomorrow... and North Korea threaten attack over them...

Any live fire drill near the border is planned?

Regardless of NKorea threats and drills, I think NKorea is due for another provocation within weeks.

What ya think Janey?

I will check if there is any live fire planned, but I totally agree with you. NK are about ready to start another provocation.

Good morning, all.

I agree that NK could do something, especially as they are very displeased with SK for dropping leaflets about the ME uprisings.
avatar
Earth Cries

Posts : 719
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:33 am

Gadaffi offers $400 to every family that agrees to support his regime

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:34 am

Earth Cries wrote:
Janey wrote:
lolita wrote:OT but quite important...

Since the US-SK are gonna do new war drills starting tomorrow... and North Korea threaten attack over them...

Any live fire drill near the border is planned?

Regardless of NKorea threats and drills, I think NKorea is due for another provocation within weeks.

What ya think Janey?

I will check if there is any live fire planned, but I totally agree with you. NK are about ready to start another provocation.

Good morning, all.

I agree that NK could do something, especially as they are very displeased with SK for dropping leaflets about the ME uprisings.

yes it has really caused a lot of anger within the NK leadership for obvious reasons

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling Updates Sunday 27 Feb

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum