Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Here is the continuation guys.

I am also going to remind you all again to pls vote in this thread Smile

http://littlesocknews.4rumer.com/t832-input-for-new-site-theme


Last edited by Janey on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by miamikat on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:41 pm

honestly the best thing for libya is to break up in 3 or 4 states... or areas controlled by the tribes.. with each having 2 ( could be more, but libya has a small population) representatives per each state.. kinda like a republic/US


but keep it as one country.... it could work out.. maybe even be better than the USA system.. highly unlikely but just a option/opinion.

miamikat

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:41 pm

oil prices falling after Saudi promises to make up for any lost production

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Godzilla85 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:42 pm

brent crude down from it's high of 118. to 110.85 currently

_________________
Janey's Journalists: North Korea

[i] Supporter of The Sock
avatar
Godzilla85

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 37
Location : Connecticut, United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:43 pm

thanks for the figures Zills!

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Godzilla85 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Janey wrote:thanks for the figures Zills!

Just happy to help Very Happy

_________________
Janey's Journalists: North Korea

[i] Supporter of The Sock
avatar
Godzilla85

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 37
Location : Connecticut, United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by The Dude on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:46 pm

I was just wondering if there is any truth to the rumor that gadhafi was shot... Thanks

The Dude
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Godzilla85 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:46 pm

The Dude wrote:I was just wondering if there is any truth to the rumor that gadhafi was shot... Thanks

Doesn't seem to be, otherwise we'd all be celebrating

_________________
Janey's Journalists: North Korea

[i] Supporter of The Sock
avatar
Godzilla85

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 37
Location : Connecticut, United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:46 pm

British evacuees from Libya describe mass hysteria

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/24/british-evacuees-from-libya-hysteria

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by ZX12R on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:47 pm

The Dude wrote:I was just wondering if there is any truth to the rumor that gadhafi was shot... Thanks

No one thinks so at this point.
avatar
ZX12R

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : North Central Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by goodmockingbird on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Lots of rumors about Gaddafi's death being tweeted, but nothing from any reliable source

Here's an example of a posting:

‎ Libya Gaddafi is DEAD shot by military , pls retweet
Twitter -
20
20 seconds ago

If there is any ulterior motive to these unsubstatuated postings, it might relate to manipulation of the oil market

scratch
avatar
goodmockingbird

Posts : 475
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 59
Location : Oklahoma, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by goodmockingbird on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 pm

ShababLibya ‎ I can see that people in Tripoli are hearing of poisoned water, please ignore it is scare tactics used before to cause panic #Libya #Feb17
Twitter -
505
8 minutes ago
avatar
goodmockingbird

Posts : 475
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 59
Location : Oklahoma, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by ZX12R on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Good night, folks. Thank you one and all for helping to cover these events.
avatar
ZX12R

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : North Central Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Godzilla85 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 pm

goodmockingbird wrote:Lots of rumors about Gaddafi's death being tweeted, but nothing from any reliable source

Here's an example of a posting:

‎ Libya Gaddafi is DEAD shot by military , pls retweet
Twitter -
20
20 seconds ago

If there is any ulterior motive to these unsubstatuated postings, it might relate to manipulation of the oil market

scratch

could be deliberate disinformation by Gaddafi or his own people to lull the protestors into a false sense of security before he starts another onslaught

_________________
Janey's Journalists: North Korea

[i] Supporter of The Sock
avatar
Godzilla85

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 37
Location : Connecticut, United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:52 pm

ZX12R wrote:Good night, folks. Thank you one and all for helping to cover these events.

no, thank you!

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Godzilla85 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:52 pm

ZX12R wrote:Good night, folks. Thank you one and all for helping to cover these events.

Nite

_________________
Janey's Journalists: North Korea

[i] Supporter of The Sock
avatar
Godzilla85

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 37
Location : Connecticut, United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Lime Flavoured on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Godzilla85 wrote:
goodmockingbird wrote:Lots of rumors about Gaddafi's death being tweeted, but nothing from any reliable source

Here's an example of a posting:

‎ Libya Gaddafi is DEAD shot by military , pls retweet
Twitter -
20
20 seconds ago

If there is any ulterior motive to these unsubstatuated postings, it might relate to manipulation of the oil market

scratch

could be deliberate disinformation by Gaddafi or his own people to lull the protestors into a false sense of security before he starts another onslaught

The problem is that it could be both lol.

Lime Flavoured

Posts : 260
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 31
Location : Newark, Notts, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by goodmockingbird on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:54 pm

ShababLibya‎ CONFIRMED: Operation clean up Tripoli is well under way ahead of the foreign media entry #Libya #Feb17
Twitter - seconds ago



Above: Exclusive Janey's video of Gaddafi's virgin bodyguards cleaning his bunker


Last edited by goodmockingbird on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
goodmockingbird

Posts : 475
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 59
Location : Oklahoma, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Godzilla85 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Lime Flavoured wrote:
Godzilla85 wrote:
goodmockingbird wrote:Lots of rumors about Gaddafi's death being tweeted, but nothing from any reliable source

Here's an example of a posting:

‎ Libya Gaddafi is DEAD shot by military , pls retweet
Twitter -
20
20 seconds ago

If there is any ulterior motive to these unsubstatuated postings, it might relate to manipulation of the oil market

scratch

could be deliberate disinformation by Gaddafi or his own people to lull the protestors into a false sense of security before he starts another onslaught

The problem is that it could be both lol.

Well I'll believe it when I see a body and it's actually him. Until then he's alive and still being a ----

_________________
Janey's Journalists: North Korea

[i] Supporter of The Sock
avatar
Godzilla85

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 37
Location : Connecticut, United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:55 pm

had to edit you there Zills as we have quite a lot of children on the site.

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by The Dude on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:56 pm

Thanks for the replies... I have seen alot of talk about him being shot... But, as stated, nothing reliable yet... If I come across anything, I will post it

The Dude
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Lime Flavoured on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Godzilla85 wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:
Godzilla85 wrote:
goodmockingbird wrote:Lots of rumors about Gaddafi's death being tweeted, but nothing from any reliable source

Here's an example of a posting:

‎ Libya Gaddafi is DEAD shot by military , pls retweet
Twitter -
20
20 seconds ago

If there is any ulterior motive to these unsubstatuated postings, it might relate to manipulation of the oil market

scratch

could be deliberate disinformation by Gaddafi or his own people to lull the protestors into a false sense of security before he starts another onslaught

The problem is that it could be both lol.

Well I'll believe it when I see a body and it's actually him. Until then he's alive and still being a ----

I meant that the people tweeting he's dead could be both oil market manipulation and, separately, pro-Gaddafi people trying to cause a false sense of security.

Lime Flavoured

Posts : 260
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 31
Location : Newark, Notts, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by cab123 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:58 pm

miamikat wrote:honestly the best thing for libya is to break up in 3 or 4 states... or areas controlled by the tribes.. with each having 2 ( could be more, but libya has a small population) representatives per each state.. kinda like a republic/US


but keep it as one country.... it could work out.. maybe even be better than the USA system.. highly unlikely but just a option/opinion.


Today, Africa contains 54 sovereign countries, most of which still have the borders drawn during the era of European colonialism. Since colonialism, African states have frequently been hampered by instability, corruption, violence, and authoritarianism. The vast majority of African states are republics that operate under some form of the presidential system of rule. However, few of them have been able to sustain democratic governments on a permanent basis, and many have instead cycled through a series of coups, producing military dictatorships.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa


Last edited by cab123 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
cab123

Posts : 423
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 61
Location : Ohio,USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Godzilla85 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:58 pm

Janey wrote:had to edit you there Zills as we have quite a lot of children on the site.


Sorry

_________________
Janey's Journalists: North Korea

[i] Supporter of The Sock
avatar
Godzilla85

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 37
Location : Connecticut, United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:00 pm

Godzilla85 wrote:
Janey wrote:had to edit you there Zills as we have quite a lot of children on the site.


Sorry

no problem, it is easily done. We get a lot of parental requests that we are careful with language.

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Rolling updates - Thurs evening 20.30 GMT

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum