Input for new site theme

View previous topic View next topic Go down

we are about to move to the new website, do you still want Janey's little socks as a theme?

73% 73% 
[ 51 ]
13% 13% 
[ 9 ]
14% 14% 
[ 10 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 70

Input for new site theme

Post by Mother Mary on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:29 am

We are very close to opening up the new website and wanted to know if everyone had any thoughts and opinions about keeping the "Little Socks Theme" in play over there?

If you say yes, do we need more socks?

If you say no, do we need less socks?

Any other ideas about how to incorporate socks to the site would be much appreciated.

_________________
In Honor of Janey!

“Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.” Robert Anton Wilson
If the site goes down for any reason. Meet us here: Facebook
avatar
Mother Mary

Posts : 373
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 43
Location : Ohio

View user profile http://tbsforum.thebroadspectrum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Joe Bese on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:33 am

I said yes, because I hate (and fear) change.

lol!

unless someone has a better idea, or Janey's tired of it.
avatar
Joe Bese

Posts : 307
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 61
Location : Colorado, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by ZX12R on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:36 am

I think it's appropriate as it is. Someone will just have to be appointed as "the explainer of the sock" to all the noobs that join us.
avatar
ZX12R

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : North Central Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Mother Mary on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:36 am

She isn't....we just wanted some feedback from everyone. As much your site as it is ours!

_________________
In Honor of Janey!

“Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.” Robert Anton Wilson
If the site goes down for any reason. Meet us here: Facebook
avatar
Mother Mary

Posts : 373
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 43
Location : Ohio

View user profile http://tbsforum.thebroadspectrum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Alaskan Girl on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:38 am

Joe Bese wrote:I said yes, because I hate (and fear) change.

lol!

unless someone has a better idea, or Janey's tired of it.

Ditto!
avatar
Alaskan Girl

Posts : 335
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 54
Location : The middle of nowhere at the edge of the world

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Babsi on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:40 am

I want to keep it Wink


Sankis you
"little sockisms" Very Happy
avatar
Babsi

Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by cab123 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:45 am

I'm in sis,Yes
avatar
cab123

Posts : 423
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 61
Location : Ohio,USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Morgana on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:49 am

Maybe you could make a trim with all different kinds of soxs around the page boarders, and Janey of course should have her Trademark sock sig line. Then for the new folks, you could give the whole explaination-Sock Flag of Peace and Freedom-(I hope that's right), in the "What this Forum's all About" section. Everyone else can of course have their Janey sock sig too
avatar
Morgana

Posts : 21
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:53 am

just to let you know guys I am fine with it on the new site.

We just had some private comments to me that it might affect our "professional look", others have said that it is totally making a statement of solidarity with me and my background. So we have heard both sides from people so wanted to ask YOU all

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Joe Bese on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Janey wrote:just to let you know guys I am fine with it on the new site.

We just had some private comments to me that it might affect our "professional look", others have said that it is totally making a statement of solidarity with me and my background. So we have heard both sides from people so wanted to ask YOU all

I think anyone who questions your professionalism will change their mind after they read a few of your posts.
avatar
Joe Bese

Posts : 307
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 61
Location : Colorado, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New web site

Post by Reader on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Sincere appreciate for this "Janey's" news site and the daily new thread which is an effective way of keeping us on track.


I do not feel that Janey's socks are a distraction, but do think that Janey's contribution should be at the forefront of a new website, rather than leading with Janey's limitations.

Reader
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Reader wrote:Sincere appreciate for this "Janey's" news site and the daily new thread which is an effective way of keeping us on track.


I do not feel that Janey's socks are a distraction, but do think that Janey's contribution should be at the forefront of a new website, rather than leading with Janey's limitations.

gosh I never think of myself as having limitations, seriously

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Janey wrote:
Reader wrote:Sincere appreciate for this "Janey's" news site and the daily new thread which is an effective way of keeping us on track.


I do not feel that Janey's socks are a distraction, but do think that Janey's contribution should be at the forefront of a new website, rather than leading with Janey's limitations.

gosh I never think of myself as having limitations, seriously

you are right though in that my news and the news from all the people here will always be the primary focus.

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by miamikat on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:34 pm

i voted yes... because honestly a theme of a website does not concern me.. what does are the posts/users they make the quality of the site.. and so far this site has been excellent in terms of the post it provides.

theme does not bother me because i visit 4chan... not the /b/ all teh time though.. and the site has nasty advertisement ads... but i dont look at that.. like i said its the post/posters that matter.

just my personal opinion.

miamikat

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Goldiloc on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Dear Janey,

I love the sock theme and have been a fan since you were on the "Site That Shall Not Be Named". I find you and all the contributors excellent news hounds, funny, charming , welcoming, etc. My only suggestion would be to make the sock inside every post a bit smaller because I find it hard to follow what is being said. Keep up the good work! AnnaMarie, aka Goldilocks

Goldiloc
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:28 pm

Goldiloc wrote:Dear Janey,

I love the sock theme and have been a fan since you were on the "Site That Shall Not Be Named". I find you and all the contributors excellent news hounds, funny, charming , welcoming, etc. My only suggestion would be to make the sock inside every post a bit smaller because I find it hard to follow what is being said. Keep up the good work! AnnaMarie, aka Goldilocks

thank you AnnaMarie,

I was asked by a few people to keep my sig image quite big as they say it lets them find my posts easier. I am open to everyones suggestion on that as you raise a good point.

We try very hard to be welcoming to everyone here for the simple reason I genuinely enjoy the company of all of you!

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Esprit on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Any amount of socks is fine with me. Very Happy

Esprit

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Dragonin on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Sock, socks and more socks. The more, the better!!! bounce
avatar
Dragonin

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 64
Location : Phoenix, Az

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Dead Revolutionary on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:05 pm

I kept ignoring your pleas to vote Janey because I was reading quickly through what I missed in the Libya thread, and assuming the poll was about this site design, which I already voted in.

Didn't even know the site was moving!

As for professionalism, that is all in the content. I would be disappointed if it were to change personally but will still come all the time.


Here is just one issue I thought of a while ago, and could be a reason for change.

You have unique circumstances, and the Little Sock back story could give away your identity and lead to you getting fired maybe? I don't know, just raising the possibility as it has crossed my mind. However I have no idea what the details of your contract are.

I wouldn't change anything for professionalism, but maybe for anonymity.
avatar
Dead Revolutionary

Posts : 83
Join date : 2011-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Janey on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:07 am

Dead Revolutionary wrote:I kept ignoring your pleas to vote Janey because I was reading quickly through what I missed in the Libya thread, and assuming the poll was about this site design, which I already voted in.

Didn't even know the site was moving!

As for professionalism, that is all in the content. I would be disappointed if it were to change personally but will still come all the time.


Here is just one issue I thought of a while ago, and could be a reason for change.

You have unique circumstances, and the Little Sock back story could give away your identity and lead to you getting fired maybe? I don't know, just raising the possibility as it has crossed my mind. However I have no idea what the details of your contract are.

I wouldn't change anything for professionalism, but maybe for anonymity.

thanks ever so much for thinking of me! I am fine with work on the proviso that I do not state openly who I work for on here to avoid a conflict of interest issue.

I am very careful about personal info after being hounded about my identity recently.

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Strawberry on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:45 am

Dragonin wrote:Sock, socks and more socks. The more, the better!!! bounce

sunny sunny sunny
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Paddy on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:06 am

It's all good the way it is imo.
avatar
Paddy

Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Betsy Ross on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:08 pm

I like the members here and you most of all, Janey!

I tend sometimes to find change disquieting, but then I realize that's just my problem.

Is it too forward to ask why you are moving the site and whetherfor are we going? Oh, and when?
avatar
Betsy Ross

Posts : 31
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 67
Location : Feet in the Sand, PNW, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Janey on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Betsy Ross wrote:I like the members here and you most of all, Janey!

I tend sometimes to find change disquieting, but then I realize that's just my problem.

Is it too forward to ask why you are moving the site and whetherfor are we going? Oh, and when?

heya, thank you!

what is happening is that this site has a lot of limitations as it was set up very rapidly that fateful Sunday. So all we are doing is swapping over to new software. We are very close to that and it will be a matter of days. We have also bought a proper web address that is easily remembered. So we are not really going anywhere, I should really be saying upgrade! We have also upgraded our server to support many more users at faster speeds. So it is a raft of upgrades really to give us a permanent foundation.

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Input for new site theme

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum