Egypt Rolling Updates Sunday 06 Feb

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Sunday 06 Feb

Post by Jeremiah on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:13 pm

butterfly girl wrote:I am sure tomorrow morning will go much smoother now.... since we know where our Janey is... flower

Very true butterfly girl!! cheers Very Happy
Jeremiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Pretty awesome image of the protesters from above..

Jeremiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:22 pm

ASLANmedia #EGYPT: Various opposition groups say that the concessions made by the government do not bring enough reform.

http://ow.ly/3Rjp1

No kidding...sigh
Jeremiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Jeremiah wrote:ASLANmedia #EGYPT: Various opposition groups say that the concessions made by the government do not bring enough reform.

http://ow.ly/3Rjp1

No kidding...sigh

They still think they can fool people and go back to their old way...uffffff

No
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:46 pm

LLL wrote:Right all, I'm calling it a day before the wife kills me!! Thanks to you all for making this work, we will get there in the end Very Happy

Good Night and I 'll see you tomorrow afternoon (out most of the day)
Sorry I have not read all post but I think we HAVE got there.
TY LLL.

Paddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:50 pm

nytjim RT @blakehounshell: Interesting. Emerging split between Brotherhood leadership and youth wing

http://bit.ly/fbF1Gf

Hmmm....Babsi what do you make of this and was this foreseen you think?
Jeremiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:05 pm

Jeremiah wrote:nytjim RT @blakehounshell: Interesting. Emerging split between Brotherhood leadership and youth wing

Ok, let me explain so bare with me.

The youth in the Square which consists of several movements, like the 6th of April (We are All Khaled Said), online bloggers and activists, have always said, no negotiations until Mubarak steps down.

The official opposition groups which consists of several groups, mostly liberal, educated business men and so on, have had several meetings with the VP, but merely to bring forth their demands. Which we know what they are. The Muslim Brotherhood has stood on the outside, refusing to meet alongside the opposition groups, echoing the demands of the youth movement to not meet with the Regime before Mubarak steps down.

What happened today, or yesterday, is that the MB realized, if they do not take part and jump on the opposition group bandwagon, they may find themselves once again as an outcast. They agreed to join the meetings with the opposition groups, which are currently headed by Dr. El Baradei, but merely to bring forth once again the demand that BEFORE any negotiations can take place, Mubarak must step down. They have also requested that none of the protesters will be arrested, asked again for freedom of press and so on.

After the meeting with the opposition groups and the VP that included for the very first time representatives of the MB, it was stated by Dr. El Baradei and the MB that those were not negotiations. The meetings have been inconclusive as they said. What is going on at this point behind the scenes, they want their demands they bring forward met, and obviously, they are not being agreed upon. So there's a deadlock.

The youth does not belong to any party of the opposition groups and they are independent. There is no "rift", they don't want anybody to speak on their behalf, they just want Mubarak to step down first before they begin any talks. They made it clear the opposition groups are acting on their own.
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Babsi wrote:
Jeremiah wrote:nytjim RT @blakehounshell: Interesting. Emerging split between Brotherhood leadership and youth wing

The youth in the Square which consists of several movements, like the 6th of April (We are All Khaled Said), online bloggers and activists, have always said, no negotiations until Mubarak steps down.

The official opposition groups which consists of several groups, mostly liberal, educated business men and so on, have had several meetings with the VP, but merely to bring forth their demands. Which we know what they are. The Muslim Brotherhood has stood on the outside, refusing to meet alongside the opposition groups, echoing the demands of the youth movement to not meet with the Regime before Mubarak steps down.

What happened today, or yesterday, is that the MB realized, if they do not take part and jump on the opposition group bandwagon, they may find themselves once again as an outcast. They agreed to join the meetings with the opposition groups, which are currently headed by Dr. El Baradei, but merely to bring forth once again the demand that BEFORE any negotiations can take place, Mubarak must step down. They have also requested that none of the protesters will be arrested, asked again for freedom of press and so on.

After the meeting with the opposition groups and the VP that included for the very first time representatives of the MB, it was stated by Dr. El Baradei and the MB that those were not negotiations. The meetings have been inconclusive as they said. What is going on at this point behind the scenes, they want their demands they bring forward met, and obviously, they are not being agreed upon. So there's a deadlock.

The youth does not belong to any party of the opposition groups and they are independent. There is no "rift", they just want Mubarak to step down first.

Ahh I see now. Thank you for explaining that my friend Smile
Jeremiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Jeremiah wrote:
Babsi wrote:

The youth does not belong to any party of the opposition groups and they are independent. There is no "rift", they just want Mubarak to step down first.

Ahh I see now. Thank you for explaining that my friend Smile

You are welcome Smile. Any time my friend, glad I could clarify that for you.

It just shows how complicated this situation is - fact is, as long as HB doesn't step down, nothing will change. And they are currently being confined to a smaller space again by the military, but not giving up. These people are there for the long haul. Tahrir has become a tent city.

Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Mary on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm

FasterSales: Egypt Government, Banned Islamists Meet http://tinyurl.com/6egjn5l

“Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.” Robert Anton Wilson
If the site goes down for any reason. Meet us here: Facebook
Mother Mary

View user profile http://tbsforum.thebroadspectrum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:19 pm

I found a pretty good blog on the current situation in Cairo.

http://www.occupiedlondon.org/cairo/

Very Happy
Jeremiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Mary on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Another link to add to the mix via twitter

lubzi: RT @DemocracyNow: Tune in for continued coverage of the #Egypt uprising at 8amEST. STREAM Live: http://www.DemocracyNow.org #jan25

Mother Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Obama said in the interview with Fox's Bill O'Reilly when asked about the Muslim Brotherhood: "They don't have majority support in Egypt"

Further which they've said many times:

"The Brotherhood aims to create an Islamic state in Egypt, but insists that it would not force women to cover up in public in line with Islam's teachings and would not rescind Egypt's 1979 peace treaty with Israel."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/06/world/main7324320.shtml

Thanks for clarifying that finally Mr. O.! Now can we stop being scared about the bogeyman and remove this Dictator?
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:25 pm

Babsi wrote:

The youth does not belong to any party of the opposition groups and they are independent. There is no "rift", they don't want anybody to speak on their behalf, they just want Mubarak to step down first before they begin any talks. They made it clear the opposition groups are acting on their own.
It is great that you found your way here...you are very up to date on things and post what most of us want to know.
I was happy to know you are ok.
Paddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Paddy wrote:
Babsi wrote:

It is great that you found your way here...you are very up to date on things and post what most of us want to know.
I was happy to know you are ok.

Thanks, I'm also glad that this forum was opened. There were times at GLP where I was confronted with much hostility and suspicion, simply for my flag. Nice to be surrounded by all you lovely people, level-headed, smart and caring. This place gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

flower
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Babsi wrote:Obama said in the interview with Fox's Bill O'Reilly when asked about the Muslim Brotherhood: "They don't have majority support in Egypt"

Further which they've said many times:

"The Brotherhood aims to create an Islamic state in Egypt, but insists that it would not force women to cover up in public in line with Islam's teachings and would not rescind Egypt's 1979 peace treaty with Israel."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/06/world/main7324320.shtml

Thanks for clarifying that finally Mr. O.! Now can we stop being scared about the bogeyman and remove this Dictator?
Now can we stop being scared about the bogeyman and remove this Dictator?

Very Happy
Paddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:33 pm

Jeremiah wrote:I found a pretty good blog on the current situation in Cairo.

Very Happy

Thanks that was very good. I book marked.
miabelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:41 pm

miabelieves wrote:
Jeremiah wrote:I found a pretty good blog on the current situation in Cairo.

Very Happy

Thanks that was very good. I book marked.

No problem!! Very Happy

Also, here is a good video of the Battle of the Interior Ministry..

http://vimeo.com/19599346
Jeremiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:49 pm

I have started a new thread "Egyptian Humor" to give us all a break and have some laughs!! Hope to see you there

cheers

The thread is in the "Watercooler"

farao

Last edited by Babsi on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Mary on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Rolling on in updates:

The US is sending warships, including one with 800 troops, and other military assets to Egypt as the revolution in the North African country gains momentum.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/164038.html

Don't know how truth worthy they are but wanted to throw this out there for Janey or Muh in the morning. (Or you Babsi!)

Mother Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by ROCKY on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Thanks Janey, what happened to GLP? Good ending if they are gone.
Bless you all that are here!

ROCKY

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Mother Mary wrote:Rolling on in updates:

The US is sending warships, including one with 800 troops, and other military assets to Egypt as the revolution in the North African country gains momentum.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/164038.html

Don't know how truth worthy they are but wanted to throw this out there for Janey or Muh in the morning. (Or you Babsi!)

Shocked Shocked Shocked 800 troops???? Something is amiss I feel...
Jeremiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Syrian Security Forces Crack Down on Rallies

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703989504576128151020708410.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
Earth Cries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:29 pm

http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/2011/2/6/egypt-in-pictures-and-video-a-protest-city-in-tahrir-square.html

A Christian Prayer Ceremony, a Wedding, and several pics from Tahrir Square sunday Very Happy
Jeremiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Clean on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:31 pm

From what I have read, a ship near Egypt has ABOUT 800 marines as it's normal staffing.

I read a platoon has about 25-35 troops

So talking about several platoons to be used to get people out is not unreasonable.

It could EASILY take over 100 to get them safely to planes/ships/cars...

study

Mr.Clean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top