*** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: *** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:27 am

I am digging around for all the info I can get on this and trying to work out the truth out of all the conflicting reports.

What I can tell you is that the Israeli Navy and Air Force are on high alert right now

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:32 am

Here is a copy of the Starfor current carrier deployments including the USS Enterprise. (I Should also mention this is accurate as of yesterday, 2/16/2011)

Hope this helps Babsi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:32 am

Janey wrote:I am digging around for all the info I can get on this and trying to work out the truth out of all the conflicting reports.

What I can tell you is that the Israeli Navy and Air Force are on high alert right now

That can't be good. Any reaction from DC?

[i] Supporter of The Sock
Godzilla85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:33 am

Janey wrote:I am digging around for all the info I can get on this and trying to work out the truth out of all the conflicting reports.

Hi Janey - hope you're doing well Smile

yes, the conflicting reports are really amazing - we know how MSM tries to manufacture stories to serve a certain purpose as they're all controlled by individuals with an agenda (on all sides), so Iran State TV can't be trusted and neither the news on Reuters and so on.

I hope you get to the bottom of things, this is making me nervous. Because no matter what the truth is in the end, Israel can't wait to have the opportunity to strike on Iran, and Iran is provoking them of course...this is a show of strength and power and a little bit of testing each other I think. I hope war can be avoided.
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:36 am

Babsi wrote:

Hi Janey - hope you're doing well Smile

yes, the conflicting reports are really amazing - we know how MSM tries to manufacture stories to serve a certain purpose as they're all controlled by individuals with an agenda (on all sides), so Iran State TV can't be trusted and neither the news on Reuters and so on.

I hope you get to the bottom of things, this is making me nervous. Because no matter what the truth is in the end, Israel can't wait to have the opportunity to strike on Iran, and Iran is provoking them of course...this is a show of strength and power and a little bit of testing each other I think. I hope war can be avoided.

Babsi, I think you hit the nail on the head, this is more than about 2 ships. It is brinksmanship between Israel and Iran and the ships are just the chess pieces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:37 am

Praetorian wrote:Here is a copy of the Starfor current carrier deployments including the USS Enterprise. (I Should also mention this is accurate as of yesterday, 2/16/2011)

Hope this helps Babsi.

WAH, that's really cool - thank you so much. yeah....note how the Enterprise doesn't state more than that is has passed through Suez Canal? No "bogus" reason as to what it's doing there. And the Carl Vinson strategically placed right at the exit of Gulf of Oman?

Their current positions are thankfully away from egyptian coast and I would bet they will intercept the iranian ships....at least I hope so.

I guess there's no way of knowing where the iranian ships are at this point or? They may still be in the Gulf of Oman...

Last edited by Babsi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:39 am

Godzilla85 wrote:

only a vague "we are aware and monitoring"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:39 am

babsi, some reports say they left Jeddah this morning

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:41 am

Janey wrote:babsi, some reports say they left Jeddah this morning

am off on my geography so Jeddah is how far in relation to the Canal and what would be expected time of arrival between that point and the canal?

[i] Supporter of The Sock
Godzilla85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:41 am

Janey wrote:
Godzilla85 wrote:

only a vague "we are aware and monitoring"

I bet they're running around like chicken with their heads cut off...military/navy on high alert...
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LewNi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:44 am

Good point Babsi, they did mention it in the notes for the Kearsarge though. I remember when Janey was covering the issues in Lebanon that there was talk of Iran sending ships and someone mentioned that the Enterprise was on its way. I think Janey also mentioned that the kearsarge was there as well, as part of the 5th fleet.

The notes on the Kearsarge say: Underway in the 5th fleet AOR conducting maritime security operations and theater security operation efforts. (For those that found the text too small, like me)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:46 am

OMG - they're in the Red Sea, which means if they left this morning - then they should be at the Canal as we speak???????? This can't be true???? Are you sure Janey? This is not good!!
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:49 am

And that means also looking at the current position of the Kearsage that the iranian ships have passed it???? Only the Entrprise can intercept now!!
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:53 am

Babsi wrote:

OMG - they're in the Red Sea, which means if they left this morning - then they should be at the Canal as we speak???????? This can't be true???? Are you sure Janey? This is not good!!

yes confirmed, but they have been doing a bit of circling and zizags around the place. Waiting for permission to proceed I guess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lolita on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:57 am

Jeddah is 700 miles/1125km from the entrance of the Suez Canal.

The frigate can go at 31 km/h... and the supply ship at 39 km/h...

So let's say they have an average of 25 km/h... which of course depends on the weather.

It would take them 45 hours MINIMUM... from this morning, as Janey said if they really left Jeddah...

So at bare minimum saturday morning they arrive at the entrance of the suez canal.

lolita

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:58 am

Janey wrote:
Babsi wrote:

yes confirmed, but they have been doing a bit of circling and zizags around the place. Waiting for permission to proceed I guess

Aaarrrgh....my friends are on a boat off the coast just south of Gulf of Suez...I have tried to contact them but they're out of cell phone coverage. When I get through, I will ask if they saw anything. But probably wouldn't see the iranian ships as they travel on the East side upwards, but maybe they saw the Enterprise. I've seen carriers before while out in the sea passing through...
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:04 am

lolita wrote:Jeddah is 700 miles/1125km from the entrance of the Suez Canal.

The frigate can go at 31 km/h... and the supply ship at 39 km/h...

So let's say they have an average of 25 km/h... which of course depends on the weather.

It would take them 45 hours MINIMUM... from this morning, as Janey said if they really left Jeddah...

So at bare minimum saturday morning they arrive at the entrance of the suez canal.

Thanks for your calculations and that sounds correct. It's 8pm here now, and according to procedure they would have had to send a request for passage through the Canal at least 12 hours ago. They should be off the coast of Egypt Sinai Peninsula now making their way up the Gulf of Suez. Enterprise is positioned right there, I wonder if they intercepted.
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:09 am

Enterprise won't intercept unless threatened. Why would it?
Joe Bese

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:18 am

first interception will be by the Israeli navy, they are already plan to put to see in some force if the ships transit Suez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:18 am

Joe Bese wrote:Enterprise won't intercept unless threatened. Why would it?

I think she meant intercept as in crossed paths, which I doubt, unless, like you said they were threatened. However we can be certain their intentions will be closely monitored. If they proceed, it would be interesting to see the USS Enterprise pull a 180 and head back towards the canal, that in itself may be enough to avert any potential showdown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:26 am

Glad I was able to get back LSN. This is something to watch closely. Since 2008 seems like one major crisis/hot spot/etc, everyday.
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:27 am

Praetorian wrote:
Joe Bese wrote:Enterprise won't intercept unless threatened. Why would it?

I think she meant intercept as in crossed paths, which I doubt, unless, like you said they were threatened. However we can be certain their intentions will be closely monitored. If they proceed, it would be interesting to see the USS Enterprise pull a 180 and head back towards the canal, that in itself may be enough to avert any potential showdown.

Yes, that's what I meant - of course they wouldn't "intercept" in the sense of firing off a missile or shooting. But def. they must have crossed paths....I'm sure they know exactly where they are.

Seems that they're playing tag right now in the Red Sea - agreed, we might see Enterprise turning around.
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:37 am

Praetorian wrote:Here is a copy of the Starfor current carrier deployments including the USS Enterprise. (I Should also mention this is accurate as of yesterday, 2/16/2011)

Hope this helps Babsi.

WOW this is fab

TY flower
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Limpan on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:44 am

Janey wrote:
Babsi wrote:

I thought that Egypt had declined to the ships would pass through the Suez, What have I missed??? Janey!
By the way. Hi all!

alien

Last edited by Limpan on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Limpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:45 am

yeah thanks for the pic flower
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top