*** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: *** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:42 pm

lolita wrote:Maybe there's really nothing on that ship... but then, why bring it along... the ship has been suspected in arms smuggling for the last few years.

Or it's just a ploy to make oil go up, to make themselves richer... and remember that for every dollar up, it costs Europe and the US 50 million $/day more in oil.

It's a statement. Iran is making a statement, military ships passing through the Suez Canal with the APPROVAL of the new egyptian regime. Keep in mind, not since the over-throw of the Shah has an Iranian naval vessel passed through the canal. We are talking 1979 here.

Mia, this is what I posted here about a week or so ago, after the egyptians overthrew Mubarak.

Allowing the egyptian military to rule over the country for 6 months, most of whom have fought wars with Israel, what did we honestly expect was going to happen? All of these events are tied in.

US global dominance is waning, and this is only the beginning of the backlash.

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Post by cab123 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:50 am

just updated:

– 7 mins ago
TEHRAN (Reuters) – Two Iranian navy vessels have passed through the Suez Canal and are heading for Syria, Iran's Arabic language state television channel Al Alam reported on Sunday.

"Two Iranian warships have passed through the canal and are heading toward a Syrian port," Al Alam said. Israel has called their passage through the canal "provocative."

cab123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:37 am

Good morning everyone

Heart Flowers

Im really enjoying your thread Praetorian and everyone contributions to it. I feel so neive that I have grown up in ignorance to ME politics. Im trying to educate myself now and can pass this onto my daughter Smile

Back to the 2 ships...

Ive checked the news agencies and as normal they are all reflecting conflicting information. Some say theyve passed, some say they pass tomorrow but Im inclined to wait until Jedi Janey makes the call. Meanwhile I will post the links that I find for you whether they conflict or not.

Have a great Sunday Wave

Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:09 am

morning all,

I am checking now with sources to see if we can get some confirmation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:16 am

ok from an Israeli military source. They believe that the ships have not yet transited Suez, but are approaching ahead of a crossing tomorrow.

It seems only the Iranian news agencies are saying they have crossed.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:17 am

Netanyahu referred to it as a "grave provocation" in the Israeli cabinet meeting this morning.

However, I am told there will not be a response unless the Iranian vessels encroach on Israeil territorial waters.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:31 am

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said Sunday that Israel views with utmost gravity the intent of Iran to send warships to the Mediterranean through the Suez Canal, a move he termed "an Iranian attempt to expand its influence in the region."

http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=209001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:42 am

Janey wrote:Netanyahu referred to it as a "grave provocation" in the Israeli cabinet meeting this morning.

However, I am told there will not be a response unless the Iranian vessels encroach on Israeil territorial waters.

Didn't they say that about the Flotilla as well?

Lime Flavoured

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:38 am

Thankyou JediJaney for the update on this

Smile
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:41 am

Officials Deny Iran Claim Of Ships In Suez

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Iranian-Naval-Ships-To-Sail-Through-Suez-Canal-For-The-First-Time-Since-1979/Article/201008315937114?lpos=World_News_Top_Stories_Header_4&lid=ARTICLE_15937114_Iranian_Naval_Ships_To_Sail_Through_Suez_Canal_For_The_First_Time_Since_1979
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:46 am

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/2/8/5990/World/Region/Israel-views-Iran-warships-move-with-gravity.aspx

Israel views Iran warships move with 'gravity
Netanyahu describes the dispatch of Iranian warships as a power play
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:50 am

Janey wrote:Netanyahu referred to it as a "grave provocation" in the Israeli cabinet meeting this morning.

Not like Israel has the "legal" right to inspect or intercept the vessels in international water, they're not the Patrol for everything, if they did that, they would be the aggressor here. I doubt Iran will come close to their waters, they're not that stupid. They know if they did their ships would be lost.
What needs to be watched is where they go...
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:53 am

Babsi wrote:

Not like Israel has the "legal" right to inspect or intercept the vessels in international water, they're not the Patrol for everything, if they did that, they would be the aggressor here. I doubt Iran will come close to their waters, they're not that stupid. They know if they did their ships would be lost.

We will know in a few more hours Babsi, time will tell OT thread is up under breaking news thanks for the pm.
cab123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:05 am

cab123 wrote:
Babsi wrote:

We will know in a few more hours Babsi, time will tell OT thread is up under breaking news thanks for the pm.

Heya Cab Morning, (that goes for everyone else here too)

Agreed on waiting on what happens in the next few hours. Keep your fingers crossed

[i] Supporter of The Sock
Godzilla85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:51 am

Babsi wrote:

That's true, but Israel is not exactly known for caring too much about what people say they can or can't do.

Lime Flavoured

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:16 am

Lime Flavoured wrote:
Babsi wrote:

That's true, but Israel is not exactly known for caring too much about what people say they can or can't do.

Agreed, if the Israelis feel there is something there that is a potential threat to them they sure aren't gonna ask for permission to check it out.

[i] Supporter of The Sock
Godzilla85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Godzilla85 wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:
Babsi wrote:

Agreed, if the Israelis feel there is something there that is a potential threat to them they sure aren't gonna ask for permission to check it out.

Which wouldn't justify their action according to international law - everybody has to play by the rules. Wink
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:31 pm

That would be fine, if Israel actually cared about international law Razz

Lime Flavoured

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Remember this news isnt gospel because it hasnt come through Jedi Janey or a more (so called) reputable agency such as reuters but I came across this:

Passage of Iran ships through Suez delayed by 48 hours
Israel is following the movement of the warships closely, although it does not believe the Iranian vessels have hostile intentions toward Israel.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/passage-of-iran-ships-through-suez-delayed-by-48-hours-1.344661
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Lime Flavoured wrote:That would be fine, if Israel actually cared about international law Razz

And what does that tell us? Wink
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:10 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/20/egypt-iran-suez-idUSLDE71J0LY20110220

Feb 20 (Reuters) - The passage of two Iranian naval vessels through the Suez Canal has been delayed by 48 hours, a canal official said on Sunday.

The frigate and supply ship had been due to enter the canal with the northbound convoy that moves daily at 6 a.m. (0400 GMT) on Monday.

The passage through the canal would be a first for Iranian naval vessels since Iran's 1979 Islamic revolution.
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Babsi wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:That would be fine, if Israel actually cared about international law Razz

And what does that tell us? Wink

I make no further comment on that.

Lime Flavoured

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lolita on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:31 pm

Apparently Iran is not even going to dock at Tartus... they going to dock at Latakia... about 70 km north of Tartus.

About 325 km from the nearest Israeli air base.

If the supply ship was really full of arms... me thinks they would have docked at Tartus... for the protection and the proximity to the Lebanese border.

lolita

Back to top Go down

Post by uk on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:17 pm

According to AlJazeera ticker Iran has already passed through. It was a tactic played by both Egypt and Iran. While Egypt was claiming they will not cross till monday morning, Iran was already passing. According to Rense site, Iran took advantage of sandstorm and was not picked up by the sats.

If this is true then it is amazing to think that up to now western media had led everyone to believe Iran is a 3rd world country and not capable of new technology. They claimed Iran copies all their tech from N.Korea.

Tables have turned now. After this event (If true) west has no choice but to accept that Iran is indeed a regional super power.

uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top