*** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: *** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:43 am

Great news source that someone passed on yesterday and Ive been using it for the protests today:

http://news.google.com/news/more?pz=1&cf=all&ned=uk&cf=all&ncl=dVlEb2cmg_MB4aMYqFjVnPkurLIIM
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:46 am

Praetorian wrote:
Janey wrote:
Praetorian wrote:
lolita wrote:Anyway to track those ships? I remember that during the whole flotilla thingee, we could track the ships live...

Those were humanitarian aid ships. (Tracking beacons, webcams, as they anticipated a conflict with Israeli troops, they wanted to ensure they had evidence) This time they are military, however you can bet the pentagon is tracking their every move.

This is a game changer, if those ships cross the canal, Israel may see this as an act of aggression and may take action accordingly. Trust me, Israel is not going to let the Iranian Navy dock in Gaza.

it is believed that they are headed for Syria and one of the ships is carrying arms for Hezbollah.

Right now it is still unclear as to whether Egypt will allow transit of the canal

Either way you slice it, this is definitely a ballsy move by Iran. We can only hope that Russia did not decide to give Iran an early Christmas present, which is now on its way to Syria/Hezobllah.

OMG youre right. I saw a news report earlier that Iran was going to 'unveil a surprise'
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lolita on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:48 am

What is funny is that Iran does almost nothing and oil goes up, costing the US a boatload of money...while making themselves a lot of money.

lolita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:50 am

Strawberry wrote:
Praetorian wrote:
Janey wrote:
Praetorian wrote:
lolita wrote:Anyway to track those ships? I remember that during the whole flotilla thingee, we could track the ships live...

Those were humanitarian aid ships. (Tracking beacons, webcams, as they anticipated a conflict with Israeli troops, they wanted to ensure they had evidence) This time they are military, however you can bet the pentagon is tracking their every move.

This is a game changer, if those ships cross the canal, Israel may see this as an act of aggression and may take action accordingly. Trust me, Israel is not going to let the Iranian Navy dock in Gaza.

it is believed that they are headed for Syria and one of the ships is carrying arms for Hezbollah.

Right now it is still unclear as to whether Egypt will allow transit of the canal

Either way you slice it, this is definitely a ballsy move by Iran. We can only hope that Russia did not decide to give Iran an early Christmas present, which is now on its way to Syria/Hezobllah.

OMG youre right. I saw a news report earlier that Iran was going to 'unveil a surprise'

Really? Hrm. This is pure speculation on my part, but it would suffice to say, it would act as an excellent bargaining chip. Whether you are for, or against Israel (or neutral) once Iran has the bomb, this will change the balance of power in the region.

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:01 am

Ubetcha wrote:Anything is possible. Who would have thought Eygpt would have over thrown Mubarak. Many possible scenerios and many pretty frightening.

Yes they are frightening, and a number of very bad things can happen. Welcome to the CLUB MED.
cab123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:02 am

cab123 wrote:
Ubetcha wrote:Anything is possible. Who would have thought Eygpt would have over thrown Mubarak. Many possible scenerios and many pretty frightening.

Yes they are frightening, and a number of very bad things can happen. Welcome to the CLUB MED.

'don't forget your towel' Shocked
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:03 am

http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=5&pz=1&cf=all&ned=uk&hl=en&q=iran+nuclear&oq=iran

some interesting current reading to get you upto speed on recent developments on iran and nucleur issues
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:07 am

Praetorian wrote:[quote="StrawberryEither way you slice it, this is definitely a ballsy move by Iran. We can only hope that Russia did not decide to give Iran an early Christmas present, which is now on its way to Syria/Hezobllah.

OMG youre right. I saw a news report earlier that Iran was going to 'unveil a surprise'Really? Hrm. This is pure speculation on my part, but it would suffice to say, it would act as an excellent bargaining chip. Whether you are for, or against Israel (or neutral) once Iran has the bomb, this will change the balance of power in the region.[/quote][/quote]

http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=uk&hl=en&q=iran+unveil

Found the news source I was reading about Irans' surprise

Problem!
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:14 am

Godzilla85 wrote:
Janey wrote:
Praetorian wrote:

Janey, if they cross, will the Israelis hit em?

the first course of action will be to try and make them do a 180 and head back the way that they came. If they refuse to do that, all bets are off!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:19 am

Janey wrote:unless there is a special dispensation from Egypt the ships would not be able to cross until tomorrow. There are only certain times of day that ships can cross in either direction.

They form them into convoys and guide them through. The convoy into the Med has already passed through earlier today.
yep..they need guidance vessels from suez to pass the canal, otherwise they would risk to run aground
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:22 am

Lurker wrote:
Janey wrote:unless there is a special dispensation from Egypt the ships would not be able to cross until tomorrow. There are only certain times of day that ships can cross in either direction.

They form them into convoys and guide them through. The convoy into the Med has already passed through earlier today.
yep..they need guidance vessels from suez to pass the canal, otherwise they would risk to run aground

I'd piss my pants in laughter if that happened...the awesome Iranian navy.... lmao

[i] Supporter of The Sock
Godzilla85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:25 am

there was an incident, just on Feb15.. didn't mention which cargo ship it was

A cargo ship ran aground due to an engine malfunction in the southern sector of the canal, blocking five ships
http://gulfnews.com/news/region/egypt/suez-canal-disrupted-after-ship-runs-aground-1.762672
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:26 am

Strawberry wrote:
cab123 wrote:

That is funny
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:39 am

I opened up a new thread with one of those news stories about Irans' miracle surprise to the world.

http://littlesocknews.4rumer.com/t637-iran-to-unveil-project-soon-to-surprise-world-irgc-chief
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:56 am

Ubetcha wrote:
Strawberry wrote:
cab123 wrote:

That is funny

Ubetcha, can you imagine how anyone coming out of the canal would feel seeing a carrier a mile away WoW
cab123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:06 am

http://www.debka.com/article/20675/

interesting link I just got off of LOP

Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:07 am

OMG Shocked

This is terrible news - yesterday I read that the Canal authorities say they need a 48 prior notice for any war ships to pass the Canal and have not received a request at this point.

I hope they won't let them pass - but then I'm also worried what they might do if Egypt doesn't let them pass. The relationship between Iran and Egypt is "strained" to say the least.

Getting very uncomfortable here...I don't trust Iran. And there's also protests there and the Regime is cracking down hard on the people. This could really ignite a full blown war in the ME...and Israel is no joke when it comes to that sort of stuff. They will not wait for a US backing if they get iranian warships anywhere near their waters.
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:08 am

However, here it says the news is still conflicting

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g18Kq2dLUNY9_Oqk7OVHWMXfXDQw?docId=CNG.0b446e5ef44b1829e8ebe6c89548b2c8.2d1
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:10 am

Hey Folks,

Sorry I was away doing some errands, and will be for a couple of hours this afternoon, however was anyone else aware the USS Enterprise "just" passed through the Suez Canal and entered the Red Sea yesterday?

Given the reports thus far, would this not position the Iranian Navy with an "encounter" so to speak with the carrier strike group?

Hrm.

Reported by the AFP 18 hours ago: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jRJrNIrpOs9N-NkMYoJilA_Wew0Q?docId=CNG.04ecb2d1cc445f75fb8d1005d914afe2.da1

Did not want to post anything until it was from a credible source.

Back to top Go down

Post by lolita on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:12 am

Who cares if they let them pass. Anything Iran can give to Hezbollah/Syria is IRANIAN weapons... which means IS CRAP.

lolita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:13 am

lolita wrote:Who cares if they let them pass. Anything Iran can give to Hezbollah/Syria is IRANIAN weapons... which means IS CRAP.

Hopefully. However keep in mind Iran has a very close working relationship with Russia. Until we see some time of engagement, we cannot be certain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:15 am

Praetorian wrote:Hey Folks,

Sorry I was away doing some errands, and will be for a couple of hours this afternoon, however was anyone else aware the USS Enterprise "just" passed through the Suez Canal and entered the Red Sea yesterday?

Given the reports thus far, would this not position the Iranian Navy with an "encounter" so to speak with the carrier strike group?

Hrm.

Reported by the AFP 18 hours ago: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jRJrNIrpOs9N-NkMYoJilA_Wew0Q?docId=CNG.04ecb2d1cc445f75fb8d1005d914afe2.da1

Janey just said the debka source that I posted above maybe NOT be credible.

Your link is interesting and there is alot of US activity out in the suez.

What do you think? Could this get bad?
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 am

Praetorian wrote:Hey Folks,

Hrm.

What a Face

So THAT'S why they were there...WOW!!! Ohhh...I have friends out in the sea right now diving, but they don't have signal today....I wonder if they saw something. They're south in the Red Sea. Can we get a location somehow where these ships currently are?
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lolita on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:20 am

They could still be in Saudi Arabia.

lolita

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:26 am

Israel wary of Iran navy in Mediterranean

Jerusalem - Israel is warily watching Iranian plans to station two warships in the Mediterranean, fearing the ploy is an attempt by Tehran to raise tensions between the arch foes, analysts said on Thursday.

The two ships, from Iran's 12th Flotilla, were expected to have crossed the Suez Canal into the Mediterranean in recent days, but were apparently held up after being denied permission to use the waterway.

http://www.news24.com/World/News/Israel-wary-of-Iran-navy-in-Med-20110217

from

http://news.google.com/news/more?pz=1&cf=all&ned=uk&cf=all&ncl=dtwuDM2yn_jmmJMGCqQnmkMNA7VNM
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top