*** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: *** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Post by cab123 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:55 am

Lime Flavoured wrote:Morning Strawberry.

Are the ships confirmed to be in the canal now? I think it was said yesterday that they would take about 2 hours to cross from one side to the other, then it's a ten hour journey to Syria. If that's the case then they should be exiting the canal in the next half hour (assuming they are on time)

morning all,
limee i believe it will take much longer to pass thru the canal, it's over 100 miles.i'll check
cab123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Post by cab123 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:01 am

cab123 wrote:

Are the ships confirmed to be in the canal now? I think it was said yesterday that they would take about 2 hours to cross from one side to the other, then it's a ten hour journey to Syria. If that's the case then they should be exiting the canal in the next half hour (assuming they are on time)

morning all,
limee i believe it will take much longer to pass thru the canal, it's over 100 miles.i'll check

•The convoy system allows ships to transit the Canal at fixed speed and with fixed separating distance between every two ships.
•The transit speed limit is 11 - 16 km/hr for ships according to the type & net tonage of ship and direction & speed of tidal current.
•The emergency stopping time between the ships in the convoys is about 10 min.
•Vessel takes from 12 - 16 hours to transit the canal.

http://www.suezcanal.gov.eg/sc.aspx?show=13

12-16 hr.'s Lime plus 10 to Syria
cab123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:11 am

Good morning. Still having issues with the site loading. This situation compounded by ME revolts could prove to be very dangerous. Our troops are deployed to so many fronts and even the Wisconsin NG callled to their Capitol to deal with demonstrations there. The world seems in one huge upheaval. In all it is greed that has led to so many of the evilness in this world
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:26 am

Ubetcha wrote:Good morning. Still having issues with the site loading. This situation compounded by ME revolts could prove to be very dangerous. Our troops are deployed to so many fronts and even the Wisconsin NG callled to their Capitol to deal with demonstrations there. The world seems in one huge upheaval. In all it is greed that has led to so many of the evilness in this world
Ubetcha, check ur PM
cab123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:29 am

12 hours would be about 9pm UK time tonight then.

Lime Flavoured

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:42 am

I dont know how reliable the LA Times is but theyre saying the same thing.

The two warships are the frigate Alvand, reportedly armed with torpedoes and anti-ship missiles, and the Kharg, a supply vessel with 250 personnel on board that is capable of carrying three helicopters.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/babylonbeyond/2011/02/iran-suez-military-egypt-.html
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:43 am

Good morning Ubetcha and Cab

sunny
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:44 am

cab123 wrote:
cab123 wrote:

morning all,

•The convoy system allows ships to transit the Canal at fixed speed and with fixed separating distance between every two ships.
•The transit speed limit is 11 - 16 km/hr for ships according to the type & net tonage of ship and direction & speed of tidal current.
•The emergency stopping time between the ships in the convoys is about 10 min.
•Vessel takes from 12 - 16 hours to transit the canal.

http://www.suezcanal.gov.eg/sc.aspx?show=13

12-16 hr.'s Lime plus 10 to Syria

Great info Cab, thanks for that Smile
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:45 am

Strawberry wrote:Good morning Ubetcha and Cab

sunny

good morning Straw,
your welcome, I actualy found that link so I can ref. info quickly if need be.just ask

Last edited by cab123 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
cab123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:48 am

Strawberry wrote:I dont know how reliable the LA Times is but theyre saying the same thing.

The two warships are the frigate Alvand, reportedly armed with torpedoes and anti-ship missiles, and the Kharg, a supply vessel with 250 personnel on board that is capable of carrying three helicopters.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/babylonbeyond/2011/02/iran-suez-military-egypt-.html

The fact that a warship is there makes a pretty big difference. Would it put Israel off trying to search the cargo ship? I doubt it.

Lime Flavoured

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:59 am

In large percent replying to UK Guest's posts:

Here in the US, few people know enough history, or are sufficiently free from religious bias to view Israel as they view any other nation.

People -- generally speaking -- hold concepts of:

1) Being "for" something they lump together as one entity (Israel/ Jewish people/ Judeo-Christian reverence for "the Holy land") and regard the geographical nation of Israel as special and different from other nations. This is the viewpoint held largely by traditional "conservatives" and evangelical Christians.

They believe that people of Jewish heritage have an inherent "God-given" right to the land of Israel in a way that is different from the way the rest of us have any inherent right to the birthlands of our distant ancestors. This belief is hard-wired, and is held as a faith-based concept, rather than an intellectual conclussion.

2) Seemingly in stark contrast to the above, but consistently present in American culture, is a suspicion of -- and even dislike for -- "Jews", who are percieved through the lens of nearly two millenia of ethnic tension in the Europe of our ancestors.

In short, "the Jews of the Bible" -- a religious concept -- are considered noble and fine -- as long as they are over there in Israel doing Biblical type things, as compared to over here as real live people, who are considered -- let me say this gently -- somewhat unsavory.

3) Suspicion, distrust, and outright hatred towards Muslims, based upon high profile extremists and their actions. The average American is oblivious to the existence of moderate, reasonable, respectful and self-respecting Muslims who simply want to go about a wholesome life in peace.

The recent revolution in Egypt does not fit the mindset of the average American -- so people ignore it. They see a bunch of Muslims yelling, and they change the channel, end of story.

In conclusion - the average American is simply not capable of thinking things through dispassionately and coming to the "understanding" that you suggest. People ignorantly lump themselves into either the "conservative" or the "liberal" mindset, and base their beliefs on emotion and religion rather than analysis of history and fresh information.
goodmockingbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:19 am

morning/afternoon everyone,

Nice to see the world is still in one piece so far

[i] Supporter of The Sock
Godzilla85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:23 am

Conflicting info from yesterday

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/19/us-egypt-iran-suez-idUSTRE71I1DN20110219

Suez Canal says no go-ahead yet for Iran warships

CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's Suez Canal Authority has not yet received military approval to allow two Iranian navy ships to pass north into the Mediterranean, a source at the authority said on Saturday.

Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:25 am

Good morning GoodMockingBird and Godz

Smile
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:31 am

Another source saying the authorties still havent given permission

http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=208913

2 Iranian ships still denied permission to cross Suez

Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:32 am

Good afternoon 'Berry, and good morning 'Zilla.

My take on this is that the ships -- if they make it through the Suez -- will probably circle around the Mediterranean, do nothing -- maybe not even dock anywhere -- then head back home.

goodmockingbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:33 am

Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:34 am

Strawberry wrote:Good morning GoodMockingBird and Godz

Smile

Morning Straw

Godzilla85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:35 am

goodmockingbird wrote:Good afternoon 'Berry, and good morning 'Zilla.

My take on this is that the ships -- if they make it through the Suez -- will probably circle around the Mediterranean, do nothing -- maybe not even dock anywhere -- then head back home.

lol! I shouldnt laugh really silent
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:35 am

That would be best case scenario if you ask me, worse case is this................ I think we all know what that means

Godzilla85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:38 am

Did you see the blinding flash at the end of the news article and the full moon in the corner of the screen.

That is why I call Euronews 'Illuminati news'!
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:53 am

Strawberry wrote:

lol! I shouldnt laugh really silent

They'll call it a Goodwill Tour or the like, signaling some rambling message of peace and brotherhood to everyone they meet.
goodmockingbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:53 am

Godzilla85 wrote:

That would be best case scenario if you ask me, worse case is this................ I think we all know what that means

Yeah. Them doing nothing would be the best case scenario.

Lime Flavoured

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:45 am

Mrs. Janey you with us this day? Anything new on this?

Godzilla85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:24 am

Morning Zilla,

The following article is fairly recent, from UK Reuters. Strangely enough I read another article via US Reuters this morning, which had "UPDATE-1" stating the military HAS approved passage.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/02/19/uk-egypt-iran-suez-idUKTRE71H2RS20110219

Alot of conflicting information atm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top