*** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:16 am

Morning Folks,

Just in from ZeroHedge. There have been conflicting reports over the past several days regarding the passage of Iranian vessels through the Suez Canal. Apparently this has now been confirmed, they WILL indeed pass through the canal.

ZH: http://www.zerohedge.com/article/its-official-iran-says-it-will-send-2-warships-through-suez-canal

This is the first time any Iranian vessel has passed through the canal since 1979. The dominoes appear to be falling as planned.

Last edited by Praetorian on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : to add map page to the title for future reference)

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:19 am

affraid

Theyre all full of poo

Thanks for the heads up and all I can say is

OH NO not again!!
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Iran naval ships to cross Suez Canal on MONDAY *** CONFIRMED (Starfor Carrier Map page 4)

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:32 am

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4029975,00.html

says different and no recent news from reuters other than there previous news that this isnt so.

It is what Iran TV has reported and Iran is on the wind up at the moment.

We will have to wait and sit this one out or wait until JediJaney comes in and lets us know what is on her wires

sunny
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:34 am

Strawberry wrote: affraid

Theyre all full of poo

Thanks for the heads up and all I can say is

OH NO not again!!

Morning Strawberry,

This is extremely serious. Actually, "serious" would be an understatement. If those navy ships are destined for Gaza (which imo, they are, or they will sit as close to the israeli patrolled waters as possible), this is not good. This could be the spark that ignites the entire region. If Israel intercepts an Iranian warship, this gives the "failing" regime in Iran the green light for a retaliatory attack on Israel with the backing of Syria, Hezbollah, Hamas (likely Egypt, even though the new supreme council states they want peace, we know that is a cover now - keep your friends close, and your enemies closer), and possibly Turkey.

With US forces tied up in Afghanistan and Iraq, opening yet another theatre of war would be VERY unpopular with the american people.

Check the cards.

1) Iran stated MONTHS ago, it would send ships to Gaza after the flotilla incident that involved the Turks.
2) Hezbollah takes control of Lebanon
3) Protests breakout in Tunisia/Algeria and Egypt (We can debate later who actually instigated these protests, or if this was all simply a coincidence).
4) Mubarak toppled, ushers in Military Supreme Council.
5) Iranian vessels given passage through the Suez Canal, first time since the 1979 iranian revolution.
6) Bahrain descending into protest/chaos (home to the US Fifth Fleet)

US Policy is RAPIDLY failing in the region, and Israel has a target on it's back. I guarantee behind closed doors, Washington is extremely worried about this situation spiraling out of control.

Coincidences exist, however war planning and strategic moves are very real.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:41 am

Strawberry wrote:http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4029975,00.html

says different and no recent news from reuters other than there previous news that this isnt so.

It is what Iran TV has reported and Iran is on the wind up at the moment.

We will have to wait and sit this one out or wait until JediJaney comes in and lets us know what is on her wires

sunny

Right, Reuters and other sources are denying this is taking place. Alot of mixed signals, they are, they aren't. Currently this is speculative, however I cannot help but notice the moves that are being made. Whether or not this means an immediate chance of conflict is yet to be determined, it is however highly suspect.

I guarantee Israel's response will be very different then South Korea's response to its island being shelled.

Iran can kiss it's Bushehr reactor goodbye. My main concern would be the Russian engineers that still reside and advise Iranian officials at Bushehr. This would create an international incident, and even if the US Administration fails to give the green light, their hand will be forced by Israel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:51 am

BREAKING: Iran State TV confirms two warships are to cross the Suez Canal. (Bloomberg Ticker)

Someone is holding back. Yes, I realize this is "Iranian State TV", however the same can be said for MSM outlets that also shovel propaganda down our throats. Keep in mind, the west also denied Iran was sending ships to the region PERIOD several weeks ago. There is an active campaign of dis-info that is ongoing to calm fears, and maintain the status quo.

Hopefully Janey can provide some further detail on this story.

Last edited by Praetorian on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:52 am

On Bloomberg

http://topics.bloomberg.com/suez-canal/

they are saying that Iran TV are reporting that they are but The Suez Canal Authority have said No.

I understand what youre saying Praetorian and your knowledge of this subject is extensive enough to make a valid judgement call that this incident and worse is very possible. However, as a mod I cant let anyone make a confirmation of a souce such as Iran TV who are well known to be wind up merchants/propaganda spinners.

I will keep looking for more sources and fingers crossed that we dont find them.

flower
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:55 am

Stocks are sure reacting to this report. Agree this could be the kerosene that totally ignites this region. About time for N. Korea to start something.
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:55 am

Suez Canal Official Says No Iranian Warships Licensed to Pass

The Suez Canal Authority’s head of traffic Ahmed El Manakhly said that no Iranian warships have been licensed to pass through the canal.

“Until now we don’t have any information or a license from any ministry in Egypt,” he said in a phone interview today.

Iran is sending two warships to use the Suez Canal, Iranian state-run Press TV said, citing an unidentified naval official whom it described as confirming reports of the ships’ itinerary. He said Iranian officials were in contact with Egyptian officials to arrange passage for the vessels, and that Egyptian authorities believe there was nothing wrong with the journey.

To contact the reporter on this story: Abdel Latif Wahba in Cairo at alatifwahba@bloomberg.net

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-17/suez-official-says-no-iran-ships-licensed-to-pass-amid-conflicting-reports.html

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Shaji Mathew at shajimathew@bloomberg.net

Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:56 am

Praetorian

I will put a sticky on your thread but I dont know how to 'ticker' you lol

Smile
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LLL on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:58 am

Strawberry wrote:Praetorian

Smile

I m on it Very Happy
LLL
Admin

View user profile http://littlesocknews.4rumer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:01 am

LLL wrote:
Strawberry wrote:Praetorian

Smile

I m on it Very Happy

why thankyou kind sir Smile
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:03 am

This is in from Janey by PM -

The official Iranian news agencies are saying that both vessels will cross Suez but have not yet reached the area and are still mid ocean. Iran is saying that they believe they will get passage through Suez approved when they arrive.

The Egyptians are saying that no-one has asked them at this time as the ships have not arrived yet, however there are also reports that Israel has asked Egypt not to allow them to pass when they make the request.

So its brinksmanship, the Iranians are saying the ships and nearly there and will pass. Israel is saying it is working with Egypt to block that passage.
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:04 am

Strawberry wrote:On Bloomberg

http://topics.bloomberg.com/suez-canal/

they are saying that Iran TV are reporting that they are but The Suez Canal Authority have said No.

I understand what youre saying Praetorian and your knowledge of this subject is extensive enough to make a valid judgement call that this incident and worse is very possible. However, as a mod I cant let anyone make a confirmation of a souce such as Iran TV who are well known to be wind up merchants/propaganda spinners.

I will keep looking for more sources and fingers crossed that we dont find them.

flower

Oh I completely understand, I just wanted to explain the current situation in as much detail as possible so everyone is aware of all the "connections". My opinion regarding the Egyptian Suez Canal authority is mixed. Ultimately it is the supreme council who is now in control of Egypt, it is highly possible behind doors they have given Iran the green light to traverse the canal. The Egyptian military overpowers any civilian authority decision. I also realize the new regime has stated it will safeguard the israeli peace accord. Given the very real history between these two countries, I'm very skeptical.

I also agree I could be completely wrong, it just seems unlikely given the events that have taken place thus far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:11 am

Anything is possible. Who would have thought Eygpt would have over thrown Mubarak. Many possible scenerios and many pretty frightening.
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:13 am

Will also keep a close eye on crude prices, currently unchanged and/or very broken trading. Trust me, when we see a break in the price of oil, we will know this story has legs.

Back to top Go down

Post by lolita on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:18 am

Anyway to track those ships? I remember that during the whole flotilla thingee, we could track the ships live...

lolita

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:20 am

I've changed it to confirmed and put the pretty starts back.

Lets hope that this all blows over again like yesterday.

I'm enjoying your posts on the matter as you have some great knowledge there Smile
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:22 am

unless there is a special dispensation from Egypt the ships would not be able to cross until tomorrow. There are only certain times of day that ships can cross in either direction.

They form them into convoys and guide them through. The convoy into the Med has already passed through earlier today.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LewNi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:22 am

Good question Lolita! I completely forgot I had this link, so many to sort Smile

http://suezcanal.gov.eg/NewsDetails.aspx?Show=91

PS I have not checked out whether we can track them or not.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:23 am

lolita wrote:Anyway to track those ships? I remember that during the whole flotilla thingee, we could track the ships live...

Those were humanitarian aid ships. (Tracking beacons, webcams, as they anticipated a conflict with Israeli troops, they wanted to ensure they had evidence) This time they are military, however you can bet the pentagon is tracking their every move.

This is a game changer, if those ships cross the canal, Israel may see this as an act of aggression and may take action accordingly. Trust me, Israel is not going to let the Iranian Navy dock in Gaza.

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:33 am

Praetorian wrote:
lolita wrote:Anyway to track those ships? I remember that during the whole flotilla thingee, we could track the ships live...

Those were humanitarian aid ships. (Tracking beacons, webcams, as they anticipated a conflict with Israeli troops, they wanted to ensure they had evidence) This time they are military, however you can bet the pentagon is tracking their every move.

This is a game changer, if those ships cross the canal, Israel may see this as an act of aggression and may take action accordingly. Trust me, Israel is not going to let the Iranian Navy dock in Gaza.

it is believed that they are headed for Syria and one of the ships is carrying arms for Hezbollah.

Right now it is still unclear as to whether Egypt will allow transit of the canal
Janey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:39 am

Janey wrote:
Praetorian wrote:

it is believed that they are headed for Syria and one of the ships is carrying arms for Hezbollah.

Right now it is still unclear as to whether Egypt will allow transit of the canal

Janey, if they cross, will the Israelis hit em?

[i] Supporter of The Sock
Godzilla85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:42 am

Janey wrote:
Praetorian wrote:

Either way you slice it, this is definitely a ballsy move by Iran. We can only hope that Russia did not decide to give Iran an early Christmas present, which is now on its way to Syria/Hezobllah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top