Bahrain Protests - Rolling Thread - security forces fire into crowds

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bahrain Protests - Rolling Thread - security forces fire into crowds

Post by cab123 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:03 am

Mullen Urges Peaceful Resolutions in Middle East
Published: 2/22/2011

Citing “a time of enormous change” in the Middle East, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen today challenged regional leaders to step forward to ensure differences are resolved “peacefully, without loss of life.”

“I really came to the region to both listen [and] to understand what the concerns are on the part of the leaders who are here, as well as reaffirm the relationship and look at how we address these issues together,” he told reporters after meeting with Mohammad bin Zayid Al Nuhayhyan, Abu Dhabi’s crown prince and deputy supreme commander of the nation’s armed forces
The admiral reiterated confidence in the U.S.-Bahraini relationship and Bahrain’s role hosting the U.S. 5th Fleet.

“I’ve been in touch with our leadership there in Bahrain,” Mullen said. Bahrain’s support for the 5th Fleet and its people “continues to be very strong, and I look forward to that being the case in the future,” he said

full story and more
http://prhome.defense.gov/NEWS/index.aspx#Mullen Urges Peaceful Resolutions in Middle East
cab123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bahrain Protests - Rolling Thread - security forces fire into crowds

Post by Strawberry on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top