Logical Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Monday 07 Feb

Post by FoolOnTheHill on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:13 am

snark wrote:
FoolOnTheHill wrote:
snark wrote:
MissHidalgo wrote:yep this morning before i got the ban at GLP ,M Postman started a thread and the shield next his name was gone ....

You got banned?! For what??? I don't even know if I'm banned or not because I haven't tried to post anything, but after all of my posts on the FB page about Janey's new site I very well may be.
I have been banned over there without even posting one time. When GLP went down I did some research into the site/owner and what I found makes me reconsider posting over there very much in the future.

I know. I researched that awhile ago, and while I have no idea what the truth is...the accusations are chilling and make me very wary.
I won't have to worry about that now. I just tried to include a link to here on an old Janey thread and got my ass banned right away (with a rather pompous chastising, I must say). The good thing is that we won't have the usual GLP trolls.

FoolOnTheHill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snark on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:18 am

FoolOnTheHill wrote:
snark wrote:
FoolOnTheHill wrote:
snark wrote:
MissHidalgo wrote:yep this morning before i got the ban at GLP ,M Postman started a thread and the shield next his name was gone ....

You got banned?! For what??? I don't even know if I'm banned or not because I haven't tried to post anything, but after all of my posts on the FB page about Janey's new site I very well may be.
I have been banned over there without even posting one time. When GLP went down I did some research into the site/owner and what I found makes me reconsider posting over there very much in the future.

I know. I researched that awhile ago, and while I have no idea what the truth is...the accusations are chilling and make me very wary.
I won't have to worry about that now. I just tried to include a link to here on an old Janey thread and got my ass banned right away (with a rather pompous chastising, I must say). The good thing is that we won't have the usual GLP trolls.

A chasting! Well, I'm with you..won't miss the trolls at all, and I'm happy to have Janey's news and our family here!!!
snark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aetius Romulous on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:18 am

It took me a while, but I found my way here. Hello all.

Lets all remember this is a play with many acts, and we are barely through act 1. There may be far less captivating images for the TV news, but this movement has only just begun.

Sites like this one will become important over the coming weeks and months as the battle moves from the main media and enters the trenches where info will be hard to come by.

I will try and contribute where I can as things move forward, and will watch this site to keep up to date.

Aetius Romulous

View user profile http://www.ScreamBucket.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Myhalois on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:18 am

Not logged in, but was trying to get the word out at GLP for several have asked where Janey et al are..and I got the BANE! Shocked

Myhalois

Back to top Go down

Post by snark on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:19 am

Logical Paradox wrote:Egypt's stock market is expected to reopen on Sunday February 13 #jan25

Wow, that's going to do some serious damage. Big damage. When our markets here were closed after 9-11 it was really bad for so many investors. It's awful to be stuck in a position in your portfolio with no way to protect yourself.
snark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snark on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:20 am

Aetius Romulous wrote:It took me a while, but I found my way here. Hello all.

Lets all remember this is a play with many acts, and we are barely through act 1. There may be far less captivating images for the TV news, but this movement has only just begun.

Sites like this one will become important over the coming weeks and months as the battle moves from the main media and enters the trenches where info will be hard to come by.

I will try and contribute where I can as things move forward, and will watch this site to keep up to date.

Welcome!!! I hope that people there can find us and be able to keep up with the news; I fear they will be cut off again. Sad
snark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newsbie on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:22 am

Hi All,

Perhaps someone has already posted this; I have been seeing a lot of related reports in the German media about this the past few days:

"Germany ready to accept Mubarak if he leaves Egypt: report"

"Amid mounting speculation that Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak may travel to Germany for medical treatment, Chancellor Angela Merkel's ruling coalition has offered the embattled Arab leader refuge if he asks for it(...)An 'extended medical check-up' in Germany is one of the options being considered for a honourable departure for the president after more than three decades in power."

http://news.in.msn.com/international/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4889561

Newsbie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snark on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:28 am

Newsbie wrote:Hi All,

Perhaps someone has already posted this; I have been seeing a lot of related reports in the German media about this the past few days:

"Amid mounting speculation that Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak may travel to Germany for medical treatment, Chancellor Angela Merkel's ruling coalition has offered the embattled Arab leader refuge if he asks for it(...)An 'extended medical check-up' in Germany is one of the options being considered for a honourable departure for the president after more than three decades in power."

Woah that is BIG, and I'm not sure that will go over well at all with the German people. Why do they always use the "medical treatment" excuse to harbor dictators around the world?!?!
snark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:29 am

I had read that as well. Perhaps further cancer treatment as an excuse. farao
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snark on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:29 am

Y'all I have to get ready for work now, but I'll be back real soon after I get to the office. Keep up the awesome work and be sure to welcome everyone who finds their way here!!
snark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snark on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:30 am

Ubetcha wrote:

I had read that as well. Perhaps further cancer treatment as an excuse. farao

there is ALWAYS an excuse. And they are always inexcusable. I for one never heard of Hosni having a cancer problem, but I may just be in the dark. Regardless, I don't think this would be a good move for Germany.
snark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolOnTheHill on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:37 am

Now that is interesting. Among other possibilities, it might be easier to stage a military coup with him out of the country. I would like to hear Babsi's thoughts on that when she gets here.

FoolOnTheHill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:38 am

Wow just read Yahoo that people are demonstrating against Italian Prime Minister.
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolOnTheHill on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:43 am

Aetius Romulous wrote:It took me a while, but I found my way here. Hello all.

Nice analysis and you could be correct. That is why this site has a major bookmark on my computer. BTW, I like your name, Romulous, eh? We should send Mubarak to that planet; he would feel right at home.

FoolOnTheHill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Limpan on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:43 am

Youth unemployment: #Yemen 49%, #Palestine 38%, #Morocco 35%, #Egypt 33%,Tunisia 26%. Europe: 20-40%. USA: 20-50%

It's not so strange that people had have enough!!!
Limpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:45 am

RT @HalaGorani: #egypt. Cabinet agrees to 15 percent increase on govt salaries and pensions. (Via @richardengelnbc)

While people starve, they give themselves a raise! Sounds familiar......
Earth Cries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:47 am

Earth Cries wrote:RT @HalaGorani: #egypt. Cabinet agrees to 15 percent increase on govt salaries and pensions. (Via @richardengelnbc)

It certainly does
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newsbie on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:49 am

Here's more on the "Germany option":

"Clinic Near Baden-Baden Considered for Mubarak"

"Will Hosni Mubarak travel to Germany as a patient as part of a graceful exit strategy for the Egyptian president? Plans for a possible hospital stay here appear to be more concrete than previously believed. SPIEGEL ONLINE has learned that a luxury clinic near Baden-Baden is being favored."

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,743998,00.html

Newsbie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:51 am

Janey anymore news about the Army confiscating supplies and the peoples' reaction. Also about other countries protesting?
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LLL on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:52 am

Newsbie wrote:Here's more on the "Germany option":

"Will Hosni Mubarak travel to Germany as a patient as part of a graceful exit strategy for the Egyptian president? Plans for a possible hospital stay here appear to be more concrete than previously believed. SPIEGEL ONLINE has learned that a luxury clinic near Baden-Baden is being favored."

That gives me hope they may win the battle against Mubarak.
LLL
Admin

View user profile http://littlesocknews.4rumer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolOnTheHill on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:54 am

Earth Cries wrote:RT @HalaGorani: #egypt. Cabinet agrees to 15 percent increase on govt salaries and pensions. (Via @richardengelnbc)

Yes, it does sound familiar. In the US, which is slowly being devolved into a third-world police state, there is never a problem bailing out banksters and corporations. But people are losing jobs, homes, and any hope for a future. The growth area is government, which is hiring TSA workers to molest and intimidate citizens. So is it any wonder that our government in the US is part of the problem and not part of the solution?

FoolOnTheHill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aetius Romulous on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:57 am

Limpan wrote:Youth unemployment: #Yemen 49%, #Palestine 38%, #Morocco 35%, #Egypt 33%,Tunisia 26%. Europe: 20-40%. USA: 20-50%

It's not so strange that people had have enough!!!

I don't think people truly understand the economic shift that has occurred over the last 20 years, and the last ten or so in particular.

Since the early 1970's, the economic architecture of the world has changed dramatically and historically. Power has been transferred to free global markets, which have in turn concentrated wealth towards the top of the pyramid (no pun intended). This has been a slow process, but the economic collapse of 2008 has really accelerated it. At no other time in history have so few had so much at the expense of so many.

This historic shift has consequences, although the real world effects are impossible to predict in such a complex society such as ours.

These facts make Egypt a bell weather of sorts inasmuch as the heart of the revolution is economic - the world wide rise in food prices, where 40% of Egypt's population now spends up to 80% of its income of basic necessities.

This is the big picture - economic justice.

Aetius Romulous

View user profile http://www.ScreamBucket.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabine on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:59 am

Newsbie wrote:Here's more on the "Germany option":

Hi, i was following little Socks on GLP and i`m glad i've found it again Very Happy

Yes, this is not such a good message. I knew that Mubarak was in Heidelberg in April last year for something with his bile and he have to come there for controlling.

I am sure, our chancelor Merkel would tell us, that this decition - that he is invited to come - is "alternativlos" (without an alternative) Rolling Eyes

Sabine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:59 am

Ubetcha wrote:Janey anymore news about the Army confiscating supplies and the peoples' reaction. Also about other countries protesting?

sorry for the delayed reply, I was having lunch.

It is looking like the idea to starve the people is not working out so good as food is getting through. It seems that people are even more determined now and are using many ways of getting food to the people.

There was some trouble this morning in Syria, although it is hard to get exact numbers out. I am even hearing of isolated protests in Tehran, again hard to get any real detail. Yemen still seems to be building and about to reach boiling point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top