Egypt Rolling Updates Monday 07 Feb

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Monday 07 Feb

Post by Mother Mary on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:01 am

Just got this off twitter and was wondering what anyone thought of it: (I had to translate it from Arabic)

maxo: RT @ essamz: the revolution was completed in Tunisia (yesterday) after the dissolution of the ruling party (the former) and the disintegration of tyranny and despotism forever - Akbal beloved Egypt # Jan25 # Egypt # Tunisia

“Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.” Robert Anton Wilson
If the site goes down for any reason. Meet us here: Facebook
Mother Mary

View user profile http://tbsforum.thebroadspectrum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:01 am

Sabine wrote:
Newsbie wrote:Here's more on the "Germany option":

"Clinic Near Baden-Baden Considered for Mubarak"

"Will Hosni Mubarak travel to Germany as a patient as part of a graceful exit strategy for the Egyptian president? Plans for a possible hospital stay here appear to be more concrete than previously believed. SPIEGEL ONLINE has learned that a luxury clinic near Baden-Baden is being favored."

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,743998,00.html

Hi, i was following little Socks on GLP and i`m glad i've found it again Very Happy

Yes, this is not such a good message. I knew that Mubarak was in Heidelberg in April last year for something with his bile and he have to come there for controlling.

I am sure, our chancelor Merkel would tell us, that this decition - that he is invited to come - is "alternativlos" (without an alternative) Rolling Eyes

Hey Sabine, good to see you here.

Interestingly, there is more and more talk of this exit to Germany on the wires and between journalists. The medical situation seems a good face saving excuse for him.

I am told off the record that this was an idea put forward by the European Union, but as of yet, he is refusing it

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Logical Paradox on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:02 am

Police shoot boy in cold blood From Egypt - Youtube

Viewed from a distance but still graphic Crying or Very sad

My personal view of this; the boy wanted to show others that they are dealing with something which has no morality...
Logical Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:03 am

Mother Mary wrote:Just got this off twitter and was wondering what anyone thought of it: (I had to translate it from Arabic)

maxo: RT @ essamz: the revolution was completed in Tunisia (yesterday) after the dissolution of the ruling party (the former) and the disintegration of tyranny and despotism forever - Akbal beloved Egypt # Jan25 # Egypt # Tunisia

I really hope for them that they get the democracy they deserve with the new government!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabine on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:12 am

Janey wrote:
Sabine wrote:
Newsbie wrote:Here's more on the "Germany option":

"Clinic Near Baden-Baden Considered for Mubarak"

"Will Hosni Mubarak travel to Germany as a patient as part of a graceful exit strategy for the Egyptian president? Plans for a possible hospital stay here appear to be more concrete than previously believed. SPIEGEL ONLINE has learned that a luxury clinic near Baden-Baden is being favored."

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,743998,00.html

Hi, i was following little Socks on GLP and i`m glad i've found it again Very Happy

Yes, this is not such a good message. I knew that Mubarak was in Heidelberg in April last year for something with his bile and he have to come there for controlling.

I am sure, our chancelor Merkel would tell us, that this decition - that he is invited to come - is "alternativlos" (without an alternative) Rolling Eyes

Hey Sabine, good to see you here.

Interestingly, there is more and more talk of this exit to Germany on the wires and between journalists. The medical situation seems a good face saving excuse for him.

I am told off the record that this was an idea put forward by the European Union, but as of yet, he is refusing it

Thanks for your welcome,

i'm not shure, if our "Big Heads" btw Germany or EU are really clear about, what they are doing if they made such an offer. My meaning is, that they only think there must be an end of the demonstrations in Egypt - it must be calm there.

my opinion is, that he should stay in Egypt and should take up the responsibility for his work for the last 30 years.

Sabine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:12 am

AJE "the army is slowly squeezing protesters in Tahrir" but numbers r still the same. That's not stopping them! #jan25 #egypt
Earth Cries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LLL on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:12 am

Anybody been in touch with CXT ?, he was great on Janey's threads.
LLL
Admin

View user profile http://littlesocknews.4rumer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:14 am

Good Morning,

I'm reposting an extremely informative piece about the possible legal consequences Murbarak may /should face once he leaves Egypt,much easier said then done for him.
These serious issues may very well be playing into his resistance to leave?
If he does go to Germany for medical treatment it won't be long before "his" doctors state that his condition is terminal, or something to that effect, therefore trying to exempt him from any legal consequences.

""Gimme Shelter"

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/02/02/gimme_shelter

Claudia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:14 am

Their plans may be backfiring on them. Check out this tweet and, Janey, any other news on this?

RT @ajimran: #Egypt: Hundreds gathered outside the Cairo Governorate, demanding the apartments promised in return for attacking anti-Mubarak protesters.
Earth Cries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:14 am

LLL wrote:Anybody been in touch with CXT ?, he was great on Janey's threads.

not been able to track him, if anyone knows where he is, please go ahead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AC on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:15 am

"Anybody been in touch with CXT ?, he was great on Janey's threads."

Or Swinburnian? He was real good as well

AC

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:17 am

the protesters have just made a statement confirming they will not leave the square.

They are calling this "the week of endurance"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:17 am

AC wrote:"Anybody been in touch with CXT ?, he was great on Janey's threads."

Or Swinburnian? He was real good as well

I have spoken with Swin today as I had personal contact with him. I hope he comes here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:19 am

the Mubarak regime have announced they will be opening a new complaints office tomorrow.

Anyone with complaints about the situation, worry over mis-treament, journalist worries etc can go there and the regime promise to help anyone out!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LLL on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:19 am

Janey wrote:the Mubarak regime have announced they will be opening a new complaints office tomorrow.

Anyone with complaints about the situation, worry over mis-treament, journalist worries etc can go there and the regime promise to help anyone out!

They could be busy Razz
LLL
Admin

View user profile http://littlesocknews.4rumer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MissHidalgo on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:23 am

And Strawberry ? and Mu with his golden arabic writing in his avatar ?
MissHidalgo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:25 am

I miss CXT, Strawberry, Swinburnian and Me77 any of them is here with diffrent names?
Muhajiir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissHidalgo on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:26 am

Windmill of the netherlands also ....
MissHidalgo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AC on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:27 am

REPORT: Mubarak To Leave Egypt, Go To Germany For "Health Check" And Hand Over Power

2/7/11

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak is to leave Egypt for medical treatment in Germany, at which time he'll give up his power as president, according to Der Spiegel.

The report suggests the plan is for Mubarak, who had been rumored to be suffering from cancer, to head to hospital near Baden-Baden in Germany. The hospital in question is Max-Grundig-Klinik Bühlerhöhe, and it is already in talks over the move, according to Der Spiegel.

The move is being organized by the U.S. government and elements within the Egyptian regime, as well as the German government, according to the report.

Mubarak is currently not in Cairo and would have to leave for Germany from his vacation home in Sharm el-Sheikh.

AC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aetius Romulous on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:28 am

Remember also that Mubarak is old and in poor health. He has traveled to Germany in the past because he knows he can only get advanced treatment outside of Egypt. Eventually, his health will again be threatened, and he will face a choice between leaving to prolong his life and staying to prolong his dictatorship.

In the end, it may come down to that simple choice between life and power for him.

Aetius Romulous

View user profile http://www.ScreamBucket.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Limpan on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:30 am

Twitter!! Oldn ews????????????

A Hamas terrorist and five other Palestinian militants who were imprisoned in Cairo have returned to Gaza.
Limpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:31 am

RT @ElFoulio: Can't stop laughing abt thugs protesting for not getting their promised apartments for attacking #tahrir protesters #jan25
Earth Cries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolOnTheHill on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:36 am

MissHidalgo wrote:And Strawberry ? and Mu with his golden arabic writing in his avatar ?
My ban at GLP was lifted so I checked some of the Egypt threads and saw one or two of our friends. But I cannot PM them since I am not a paid subscriber there, and I don't want to get banned again.

FoolOnTheHill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:39 am

Aetius Romulous wrote:Remember also that Mubarak is old and in poor health. He has traveled to Germany in the past because he knows he can only get advanced treatment outside of Egypt. Eventually, his health will again be threatened, and he will face a choice between leaving to prolong his life and staying to prolong his dictatorship.

In the end, it may come down to that simple choice between life and power for him.

Or, he could use going to Germany as a convenient excuse to stand down whilst retaining his dignity (in his mind, not mine!).

Maybe he'll go for more treatment and then will be declared to unwell to travel back to Egypt and he'll have the 'perfect' excuse to stand down without losing face. It's all about not losing face!
Luna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:39 am

Aetius Romulous wrote:Remember also that Mubarak is old and in poor health. He has traveled to Germany in the past because he knows he can only get advanced treatment outside of Egypt. Eventually, his health will again be threatened, and he will face a choice between leaving to prolong his life and staying to prolong his dictatorship.

"May he live and suffer, death is too easy !"
Though all the strain and stress and fear he's under now will probably hasten his demise, good points you made, thanks.
Claudia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top