Virulent dengue fever strain spreads in Queensland

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Virulent dengue fever strain spreads in Queensland

Post by Rickster58 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:56 pm

A VICIOUS strain of dengue fever is hospitalising people in far north Queensland.
Twenty people have been diagnosed with Type 2 of the virus in East Innisfail and another five have Type 4 dengue.

About 12 others are awaiting test results.

Queensland Health spokesman Dr Geoffrey Hanna said the Type 2 strain of the mosquito-borne virus was "vicious".

"It's put around half of the people affected into hospital with sheer exhaustion, feeling totally done-in by the viral infection," he told ABC Radio.

link to this story : http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/virulent-dengue-fever-strain-spreads-in-queensland/story-e6frf7jx-1226006736448

link to related story: http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/disease-and-pests-to-follow-soaking/story-fn6ck51p-1225997100529
avatar
Rickster58

Posts : 45
Join date : 2011-02-06
Location : Sydney - Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virulent dengue fever strain spreads in Queensland

Post by Alaskan Girl on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:36 pm

As if you guys haven't been through enough! What did you do to make Mother Nature so ticked off; burn her in effigy or something?

Seriously, I do feel for you Aussies. I know you're a tough breed, but it's getting to the point I'm afraid things will break down rapidly. How is your infrastructure holding up?
avatar
Alaskan Girl

Posts : 335
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 54
Location : The middle of nowhere at the edge of the world

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virulent dengue fever strain spreads in Queensland

Post by Strawberry on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi Rickster

I have been meaning to pop by to say hi and to ask you if you would do a little feature on the cyclone and its aftermath. It's a shame that when tragedy struch your lovely Australia, all eyes were on Egypt.

Is there any truth to Queensland now having weather modification and do you think there is possibly any link with what happened?

How are you all doing?

Hugs
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virulent dengue fever strain spreads in Queensland

Post by Rickster58 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Strawberry wrote:Hi Rickster

I have been meaning to pop by to say hi and to ask you if you would do a little feature on the cyclone and its aftermath. It's a shame that when tragedy struch your lovely Australia, all eyes were on Egypt.

Is there any truth to Queensland now having weather modification and do you think there is possibly any link with what happened?

How are you all doing?

Hugs


Hi Strawberry

The Queensland Govt. did indeed buy a weather manipulation program from Thailand in Sept 2010. It was reported in the Herald Sun on Aug 8 2010. At that time Qld was enduring a crippling drought lasting more than 8 years. I have a farm about 500km from the Qld border and I know how bad the drought was. I have seen and photographed chemical trails being sprayed over the skys near my farm.

Whilst I cannot prove a link between the cloud seeding program and the recent floods the fact that the drought broke soon after this story did is a bit suspicious. My farms location usually receives 25" rain per annum. This year we have had 74" and counting.

I personally believe modifying the weather is a really bad idea. I've provided a few background links on this subject below.

See this story from 2006 http://www.smh.com.au/news/NATIONAL/Qld-govt-to-explore-cloud-seeding/2006/12/27/1166895353730.html

Follow up story from 2010 : http://thailandaviation.blogspot.com/2010/08/thai-rain-making-comes-to-queensland.html

and another: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1322587/Thai-king-to-help-Queensland-make-rain

This is the story that people picked up on: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/thai-rain-maker-to-fight-drought-in-queensland/story-e6frf7kf-1225902740744

avatar
Rickster58

Posts : 45
Join date : 2011-02-06
Location : Sydney - Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virulent dengue fever strain spreads in Queensland

Post by Strawberry on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:00 pm

Rickster58 wrote:
Strawberry wrote:Hi Rickster

I have been meaning to pop by to say hi and to ask you if you would do a little feature on the cyclone and its aftermath. It's a shame that when tragedy struch your lovely Australia, all eyes were on Egypt.

Is there any truth to Queensland now having weather modification and do you think there is possibly any link with what happened?

How are you all doing?

Hugs


Hi Strawberry

The Queensland Govt. did indeed buy a weather manipulation program from Thailand in Sept 2010. It was reported in the Herald Sun on Aug 8 2010. At that time Qld was enduring a crippling drought lasting more than 8 years. I have a farm about 500km from the Qld border and I know how bad the drought was. I have seen and photographed chemical trails being sprayed over the skys near my farm.

Whilst I cannot prove a link between the cloud seeding program and the recent floods the fact that the drought broke soon after this story did is a bit suspicious. My farms location usually receives 25" rain per annum. This year we have had 74" and counting.

I personally believe modifying the weather is a really bad idea. I've provided a few background links on this subject below.

See this story from 2006 http://www.smh.com.au/news/NATIONAL/Qld-govt-to-explore-cloud-seeding/2006/12/27/1166895353730.html

Follow up story from 2010 : http://thailandaviation.blogspot.com/2010/08/thai-rain-making-comes-to-queensland.html

and another: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1322587/Thai-king-to-help-Queensland-make-rain

This is the story that people picked up on: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/thai-rain-maker-to-fight-drought-in-queensland/story-e6frf7kf-1225902740744


All I can say Rickster is WOW you've just confirmed a conspiracy theory so its not a conspiracy theory its FACT

I will come back and read all your links soon when I have finished updating some news.

Is it possible that you could make a post of this in the weather thread please for the guys that follow the weather in there. Im sure they would be very interested!! I dont mean to be bossy its just that it brings out and highlights this weather modification technology and its implications.

flower
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virulent dengue fever strain spreads in Queensland

Post by Janey on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:39 am

I honestly believe that weather modification is incredibly dangerous. We simply do not understand enough of the workings of nature. I feel we are like children dabbling with forces we do not fully comprehend

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virulent dengue fever strain spreads in Queensland

Post by Janey on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:48 am

Rickster58 wrote:A VICIOUS strain of dengue fever is hospitalising people in far north Queensland.
Twenty people have been diagnosed with Type 2 of the virus in East Innisfail and another five have Type 4 dengue.

About 12 others are awaiting test results.

Queensland Health spokesman Dr Geoffrey Hanna said the Type 2 strain of the mosquito-borne virus was "vicious".

"It's put around half of the people affected into hospital with sheer exhaustion, feeling totally done-in by the viral infection," he told ABC Radio.

link to this story : http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/virulent-dengue-fever-strain-spreads-in-queensland/story-e6frf7jx-1226006736448

link to related story: http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/disease-and-pests-to-follow-soaking/story-fn6ck51p-1225997100529

Is dengue normally found in Australia? I know of it further north in Malaysia and Borneo but I had no idea that it be found so far south. Is this new?

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virulent dengue fever strain spreads in Queensland

Post by Lime Flavoured on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:37 am

Janey wrote:I honestly believe that weather modification is incredibly dangerous. We simply do not understand enough of the workings of nature. I feel we are like children dabbling with forces we do not fully comprehend

I agree. Weather modification would cause more problems than it would solve.

Lime Flavoured

Posts : 260
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 31
Location : Newark, Notts, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virulent dengue fever strain spreads in Queensland

Post by Rickster58 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Hi Janey,

Yes, Dengue fever has been a problem in northern Australia for many years. Outbreaks are quickly isolated and people treated immediately. There was a few bad outbreaks in 2003 and 2004 but since then, drought conditions have not been favourable for mosquitos so it has been quiet....till these recent rains and floods.

avatar
Rickster58

Posts : 45
Join date : 2011-02-06
Location : Sydney - Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virulent dengue fever strain spreads in Queensland

Post by Janey on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:16 am

Rickster58 wrote:Hi Janey,

Yes, Dengue fever has been a problem in northern Australia for many years. Outbreaks are quickly isolated and people treated immediately. There was a few bad outbreaks in 2003 and 2004 but since then, drought conditions have not been favourable for mosquitos so it has been quiet....till these recent rains and floods.


thanks for that Rick. We have had holidays in Cairns on a number of occasions and had no idea!

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Virulent dengue fever strain spreads in Queensland

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum