Libya Thread - #feb17 - Revolution - March to Ghaddafis residence after todays prayer

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Libya Thread - #feb17 - Revolution - March to Ghaddafis residence after todays prayer

Post by Dead Revolutionary on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:17 am

Muhajiir wrote:Libya is a tribe people, every libyan is from a tribe. Gaddafi is from the Gaddafi tribe...biggest tribe is warfella and second comes Tuareg.

So not beduins even ordinary arabs in Libya have diffrent tribes and loyality to tribes is strong but not as strong as yemen tribes...

And thank you man.

How large of a tribe are we talking about with the Warfella and Tuareg? And do you know if they are both with the protesters?

Tuaregs are apparently nomadic Berbers and not Arab. I know Gaddafi was really into Arab nationalism so my guess is the Tuaregs will not be siding with him...

Wiki says in 1993 there were about half a million Tuaregs in Libya.

Can't find anything on the Warfella's.

Dead Revolutionary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Thread - #feb17 - Revolution - March to Ghaddafis residence after todays prayer

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:18 am

google translated from Libya2p0 (the one in benghazi)
8mins ago

To all the cities of Tripoli belt around the corner from the beginning of Sabratha Gheryan Tarhunah Bani Walid Misurata to go to Tripoli to besiege Gaddafi Aziziah

Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:19 am

Tweep from tripoli, few minutes:
Sorry guys i can't upload any photo or picture the internet so slow i can't do anything but tweeting
I can't open any web page. Only tweet. We need jurnalist to come and help us. I beg you!
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:22 am

AljazeeraAraby: Benghazi Police Captain on phone confirms all police forces have joined resistance in solidarity with ppl
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:23 am

Here is apparently a map of the ethnic groups and tribes. Not sure how accurate it is. I don't see the Warfella so something must not be right. Maybe I am reading the legend incorrectly and the rose colored names are not different tribes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Libya_ethnic.svg
Dead Revolutionary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:25 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/bp-suspends-operations-in-libya-2221107.html

bp suspends operations
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:25 am

OT: wow, ShababLibya soon having more than 10,000 followers on twitter

they had.. umm.. iirc.. about 300 when the demonstrations began Smile

Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:27 am

1:19 pm The folks at Alive in Libya have posted another audio clip of a phone call from Tripoli overnight on Sunday. It confirms what we've been hearing: Protesters have burned, looted and destroyed a number of government buildings in the Libyan capital, including several police stations and "revolutionary committee" headquarters.

"Every so often we get news that an area has fallen in the hands of the protesters," the man said.

After protesters briefly took the capital's central square, they were confronted by by cars and land cruisers whose passengers opened fire "like it was a war".

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/middle-east/2011/02/17/live-blog-libya#feb20

Dead Revolutionary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:28 am

LibyansRevolt:
word of medical convoys from arab world heading to #Libya

@ShababLibya Abu Sleem Hospital not prison - Abu Sleem Hosp is the main trauma centre in #Tripoli
-----
okay, so it seems this was about the hospital, not the prison

so... the former tweet from ShababLibya could be related to this:

AlitWeet:
In one day in tripoli 61 has been killed! Just one day! I knew 4 of them killed by protesters in shaded glass cars.

Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:35 am

ShababLibya:
thanks for your concern, we are struggling to get in contact with tripoli just at the moment, last heard, calm before the storm this evening

there will be a funeral parade in Tripoli this afternoon inshala, the way the security react will be very interesting

AliTweel, Tripoli:
Nothing is going on in tripoli at the moment, finally i slept for 6hours, it's windy outside but no protests i can hear.
The green square is full of Gaddafi's people, youth driving cars around it, shop owners installing metal shields on their shop doors.

Until now it's 8:30 hours without gunfire in tripoli. I hear nothing.

i think tonight is going to be loud because of the kills happened yesterday, Libyans might take revenge tonight. it's going to be ugly.
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:38 am

ShababLibya:
BREAKING: CNN & Red Cross will be coming into Libya! Confirmed
BREAKING: Red cross headed to libya, they will carry a CNN journalist with them

cheers

ChangeInLibya:
@AJArabic @AJEnglish PLS CONTACT CNN they are going to enter #libya with an aid convoy, maybe you can join them too #feb17 #libya

Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:42 am

ShababLibya:
Dr calls Jazeera: 300 killed in one hospital alone so far in #Benghazi
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:44 am

Lurker wrote:ShababLibya:

So then figures we were hearing before were way underestimated if that is true.
Dead Revolutionary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:57 am

http://www.jpost.com/VideoArticles/Video/Article.aspx?id=209185

'Protesters in Libyan capital torch government buildings'
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:19 am

Dead Revolutionary wrote:
Lurker wrote:ShababLibya:

So then figures we were hearing before were way underestimated if that is true.
No, thats from Benghazi, the one town that saw the largest fights&brutality... numbers were expected to be that high Wink

Last edited by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:28 am

guys can you switch to the new thread please as we are about to hit the posting limit here.

http://littlesocknews.4rumer.com/t739-libya-rolling-updates-monday-21st-massacres-and-mayhem#10973

(PS the new updated site we are working on does not have this limit)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic View next topic Back to top