Libya Thread - #feb17 - Revolution - March to Ghaddafis residence after todays prayer

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Libya Thread - #feb17 - Revolution - March to Ghaddafis residence after todays prayer

Post by Paddy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:31 am

Smile
Paddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Thread - #feb17 - Revolution - March to Ghaddafis residence after todays prayer

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:33 am

hehe yeah Very Happy
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:35 am

Breaking News || BBC || Gaddafi heads to an unknown destination and a senior officer to declare a military coup
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:36 am

ah, whahoo.. great.. the youtube link which ShababLibya posted, didnt work for me.. just grey Smile

this works:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh4nbr_libyan-revolution-take-whats-yours_news

Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:36 am

Gaddafi heads to an unknown destination and a senior officer to declare a military coup
I don't believe that. Lots of rumors around.
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:38 am

BBC saying that British embassy evacuating

BP staff and families getting ready to evacuate but havent been given the go ahead yet.

David Cameron has landed in Cairo
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:40 am

Good morning all you lovely people Smile
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:40 am

BBC headlines - protesters ransacked state TV headquarters
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:41 am

Lurker wrote:
both about 1hour ago Wink

Alihabibi:
Eye witness from Sabha (southern #Libya) confirms the tribes support the revolution! Amazing news!

militia and mercenaries on the way to attack the main oil pipeline!

ChangeInLibya:
Confirmation that #gaddafi mercenaries who just tried to blow up a major oil field were captured and killed by tribes there

whoa Smile[b]

I am way behind on my Libyan revolution knowledge, so sorry for slowing this down. But has anything been said about why Gaddafi's forces are attacking major oil fields? I understand the concept of scorched earth, but to my knowledge that is only applied when you are dealing with an external enemy who is attempting to take over your resources. This 'enemy' is internal, and that would cut off much need revenue to keep the regime afloat.

So is it that they are trying to attack this infrastructure in order to blame in on the revolutionaries?

Also does anyone know if Janey confirmed who these mercenary groups are? I read somewhere alleging it was other African nations and even North Korean mercenaries?

Also trying to do some google searches on the tribes of Libya, are we talking about Bedoiun type nomads? Or is my concept of a tribe outdated for Libya/the Arab world. Because repelling a major attack on an oil field by professional forces is no easy task. At least I would imagine, not like I have an experience doing so...

Dead Revolutionary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 am

David Cameron has landed in Cairo

and his first mistake is: won't talk to Mus Bros.
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:44 am

BelgianBoy wrote:Gaddafi heads to an unknown destination and a senior officer to declare a military coup
I don't believe that. Lots of rumors around.
oh no.. So he won't give as the opportunity to see a fight involving his female virgin bodyguards? Twisted Evil Very Happy chchch
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:45 am

Dead Revolutionary this reminds me of Iraq and Saddam. Didnt he set fire to the oil fields?
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:47 am

Apparently David Cameron is the first World Leader to land in Egypt since before Mubarak fell. What is so important about Cameron other than he has an Illuminati surname Wink
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:47 am

Al-Ashraf tribe condemns the actions of the Qaddafi mob, and stand in support with the Libyan youth and people
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:51 am

Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:52 am

@Dead Revolutionary:

during the first days, there were tweets that Ghaddafi threatend to force up the oil prices, if Western don't support him fighting the protestors.. Trying to blame the protestors could also be a reason, yes.. but at this stage.. I don't know If he or his sons are really capable of making logical decisons Very Happy

As for the merceneraries.. haven't heard about north corea..but wasn't able to monitor the events as close as in the beginning...

but they are from a lot of different african countries.. chad, burkina faso, tunisia, algeria, etc.. and lots of others were tweeted...

regarding the tribes.. I guess Muhajiir can give us all some great infos about the tribes when he is online again Smile

Last edited by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:55 am

Strawberry wrote:Dead Revolutionary this reminds me of Iraq and Saddam. Didnt he set fire to the oil fields?

Kawaiti oilfields yes,don't remember if he torched his own in iraq
cab123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:57 am

Libya is a tribe people, every libyan is from a tribe. Gaddafi is from the Gaddafi tribe...biggest tribe is warfella and second comes Tuareg.

So not beduins even ordinary arabs in Libya have diffrent tribes and loyality to tribes is strong but not as strong as yemen tribes...
Muhajiir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:59 am

Paddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:03 am

Muhajiir wrote:Libya is a tribe people, every libyan is from a tribe. Gaddafi is from the Gaddafi tribe...biggest tribe is warfella and second comes Tuareg.

So not beduins even ordinary arabs in Libya have diffrent tribes and loyality to tribes is strong but not as strong as yemen tribes...
thanks Muh Smile
I have absolutely no idea about tribes in yemen. thank you Smile

but had expected something like this for the libyan tribes Smile
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:09 am

Lurker wrote:@Dead Revolutionary:

during the first days, there were tweets that Ghaddafi threatend to force up the oil prices, if Western don't support him fighting the protestors.. Trying to blame the protestors could also be a reason, yes.. but at this stage.. I don't know If he or his sons are really capable of making logical decisons Very Happy

As for the merceneraries.. haven't heard about north corea..but wasn't able to monitor the events as close as in the beginning...

but they are from a lot of different african countries.. chad, burkina faso, tunisia, algeria, etc.. and lots of others were tweeted...

regarding the tribes.. I guess Muhajiir can give us all some great infos about the tribes when he is online again Smile

Thanks man.

Dead Revolutionary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:13 am

changeinlibya:
EVERYONE IN #TRIPOLI, please burn down that sorry excuse of a jamming building.. I WANT TO SEE ALJAZEERA FFS

Very Happy
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:14 am

Lurker wrote:changeinlibya:
EVERYONE IN #TRIPOLI, please burn down that sorry excuse of a jamming building.. I WANT TO SEE ALJAZEERA FFS

Very Happy

I have been saying that for days now. Smile
Paddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:15 am

Anti-Aircraft Missiles also used against protestors tonight in Green Square, Tripoli:

http://yfrog.com/5l9b9z
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:16 am

BBC sources say Gaddafi has left Tripoli
Strawberry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top