Libya Thread - #feb17 - Revolution - March to Ghaddafis residence after todays prayer

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Libya Thread - #feb17 - Revolution - March to Ghaddafis residence after todays prayer

Post by Paddy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:14 am

In short what the son said.

The oil is in the middle and south where no one lives and the country would be cut in two as people fight to take control of it.
People on one side may not be able to go see their family on the other side.

Out siders caused this Canada/UK/Germany and youths on drugs.
Paddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libya Thread - #feb17 - Revolution - March to Ghaddafis residence after todays prayer

Post by Paddy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:16 am

Any news on the brothers shooting from last night.?
Paddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:23 am

Elbaghdadi:

Only two key tribes now remain loyal to Gaddafi: his own Qathathfa (Gaddafi) and the Magarha (Migrahi)

Citizens in eastern Libya are now heavily armed after taking over all army points and depots

----------
and about the army camp 3h ago in Tripoli, which I just posted..
Eyewitness reports from Tripoli: Despite heavy live gunfire at protesters in Souq al Juma, not a single person went back home
Eyewitness reports from Tripoli: Souq al Juma is under control of demonstrators completely
Eyewitness reports from #Tripoli: Army camp at Souq al Juma overrun and torched by demonstrators
Eyewitness reports from #Tripoli: Most of capital out of regime control and not a single case of looting despite banks being defenseless
Eyewitness reports from #Tripoli: Green Square came under complete control of demonstrators while Saif #Gaddafi was speaking
Eyewitness reports from #Tripoli: Chants last night in capital were "For you #Benghazi" and "The people want to topple the regime"
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:28 am

ShababLibya: 13h ago

I have spoken to cousins just now, they are all in the streets cleaning the roads and picking up litter no looting reported anywhere
not a single report of looting by any contact with a complete lack of police and security ppl have come together and worked hard

Smile
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:33 am

a lot of rumours now from journos in the region that Gadaffi may not last the week in power.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:34 am

Gadaffi's Son on the wires now - We will eradicate all protesters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:35 am

From what I could make out last night Seif's speech was prerecorded and the his brother Mutassim shot him later.
But who knows what is going on there with odd stories coming out.
Paddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:36 am

Al Jazeera BREAKING: Eyewitness in #Tripoli confirms another massacre in Green Square. Too many bodies to count.
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:37 am

I have a feeling that he might not even last this day, when half libya is going for his residence lol
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:41 am

btw - there were some tweets from Shabab, and few others.. in the night.. that something really awful and is or was happening right then in tripoli... and they're waiting for confirmation...
I waited a while, but had to go to sleep then... The tweet before that,was that on AJ they said that pro-ghaddafi are killing injured arriving at hospitals..

But i doubt that these rumours were about that... havent been able to find anything..

edit: I meant those:

ShababLibya:

we are getting eye witness accounts of terrible crimes currently taking place in the city of #Tripoli we fear the worst #Libya #Feb17 about 8 hours ago via web

We have eye witness accounts of something terrible in #Tripoli tonight waiting on media now to recall contacts

Last edited by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:45 am

Some guy named his newborn girl baby "Facebook" in Egypt. :-)
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:45 am

gold: above 1,400 $

http://www.goldprice.org/
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:49 am

BelgianBoy wrote:Some guy named his newborn girl baby "Facebook" in Egypt. :-)

while it's funny news to read... I think giving your children such weird names (there are alot) is a bad idea.... poor kids Rolling Eyes
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:51 am

photostream from Benghazi:
84 pics Smile

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a7fadhomar/

also some pics taken from higher position, seaside.. great pics
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:55 am

Lurker wrote:I have a feeling that he might not even last this day, when half libya is going for his residence lol

From what I know they took one of his homes last night and an army base and got the weapons.
Paddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:05 am

ShababLibya:
BREAKING: Confirmed: 14 dead in the central hospital of Tripoli. 8 dead in Zawia Street hospital in Tripoli.

BREAKING: Death toll in Abu Slim Prison believed to be more than other hospitals in Tripoli combined.

---------
oh no, not again Sad

edit:
now I have a feeling, that maybe the tweets in the night about something terrible happening, were about Sad

Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:13 am

Janey wrote:morning all, I am on this today with rolling coverage

Bang your head Bang your head
Dead Revolutionary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:15 am

Lurker wrote:ShababLibya:
BREAKING: Confirmed: 14 dead in the central hospital of Tripoli. 8 dead in Zawia Street hospital in Tripoli.

BREAKING: Death toll in Abu Slim Prison believed to be more than other hospitals in Tripoli combined.

---------
oh no, not again Sad

edit:
now I have a feeling, that maybe the tweets in the night about something terrible happening, were about Sad

affraid

That was a mass execution of prisoners then... talking hundreds right? Or maybe that meant just the deaths of today not total...

The other 22 deaths from this were from today correct?

Last edited by Dead Revolutionary on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Dead Revolutionary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:16 am

ChangeInLibya:

Libyans, we have an OBLIGATION to protect EVERY SINGLE PEACEFUL FOREIGNER, NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE FROM

I've got reports that the highways leading to #tripoli are PACKED with ppl from all over the country coming to help

Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:19 am

Dead Revolutionary wrote:

affraid

That was a mass execution of prisoners then... talking hundreds right? Or maybe that meant just the deaths of today not total...

The other 22 deaths from this were from today correct?
yep those were the deaths from tonight in tripoli hospitals..

I dont have a clue about the Abu Slim Prison.. guess we'll have to wait a while.. was just me thinking that this maybe were what the tweets were about..
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:21 am

both about 1hour ago Wink

Alihabibi:
Eye witness from Sabha (southern #Libya) confirms the tribes support the revolution! Amazing news!

militia and mercenaries on the way to attack the main oil pipeline!

ChangeInLibya:
Confirmation that #gaddafi mercenaries who just tried to blow up a major oil field were captured and killed by tribes there

whoa Smile[b]
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:24 am

several:

undercover security forces in the street of Zawiya in Tripoli

Doctors in Tripoli reporting that there are undercover police acting as doctors in Zawyia street, please spread the word
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:28 am

Dima Khatibm AJ:

Al Jazeera: eye witnesses are reporting that security forces have been looting banks & state institutions in Tripoli
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:29 am

Al Jazeera: eye witnesses are reporting that security forces have been looting banks & state institutions in Tripoli

LOL sync!
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top