Star Wars Blu-Ray

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Wars Blu-Ray

Post by Janey on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:25 am

This is one I am looking forward to, being a geekette! All the Star Wars movies will be released in September as a blu-ray box set. I just hope they include the original cuts as extras as they did with the SE DVD's or my DVD's will have to stay on the shelf too! George, why did you have to mess with them!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Blu-Ray

Post by Lurker on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:39 am

yeah me too.. Bought the old Trilogy when it first came out on DVD, never "upgraded" to the Limited Editions.. (don't even remember if I was aware that Lucas did indeed release them after some years)

How's the picture quality on these? I just looked through some reviews and most of them say they are really bad quality..

IIRC Lucas said that only the latest SE'S will make it to the Blu Ray Relese.. what else Rolling Eyes

Here's the announcement trailer for the BD's

edit:

It's already confirmed that even The Phantom Menace will get a refresh (e.g. Yoda puppet replaced with CGI)
And remember, the 2004 DVD versions, were already different from the 1997 Special Editions..
So, Lucas will most likely try to make the Blu Rays to become the final versions..

And, theatrical re-releases of all 6 films in 3D are planned for annual release by the year of 2012.. so Star Wars will fill the cinemas until 2017

good read:
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/3834/the_star_wars_saga_blu_rays_will_the_force_be_with_us/

I doubt that the original versions will be included in the Box in sept. And if he releases them in similar manner to the DVDs, I doubt they will get the proper restoration and transfer Sad
because they don't exist in HD at this time.. If he does include them, chances are very high they will be the same as the Limited Edition versions..

yeah, perhaps AFTER the release of all 3D versions for home-media.. the last thing before he retires completely, could be a release of the original theatrical cuts in state-of-the-art quality....

The new trilogy will never look better than on these Blu Ray releases.. since they were shot in native HD
The 2004 Special Editions are also more or less bounded to HD resolution..

But the old ones from the 70s & 80s, aren't and actually can surpass them Bang your head

2017 would also mark the 40th anniversay..so.. honestly I don't expect them to get a proper release anytime before that
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:00 am

It looks like I am going to have to keep a shelf of all the different versions then, even with the blu-ray release.

At least the Alien box-set has allowed me to part with loads of dvd versions!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top