Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Amazing selfless apologies to the women of Egypt from Egyption men. In the spirit of the revolution, end sexual harassment. (read the comments, too)

When, as a nation, we called to "bring down the system", this is the exact sort of thing we were calling for. Not just the dismantling of an ailing, opressive political system, but also the vile, rotten systems of thought...

Lara Logan, I apologize sincerely with all my heart

To every girl, woman, mother harassed, I apologize sincerely with all my heart

To my mother nation Egypt, I apologize sincerely with all my heart

& promise you all that I will try the very best that I can to bring an end to this, in the quest to have our sisters "Walk Free"


http://www.change.org/petitions/walk-free-stop-sexual-harassment-in-egypt-apology-to-lara-logan#comments

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Lurker on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:54 am

Ben Wedemann CNN:
Al-Ahram reporting Alex port found diplomatic container with 3.5 tons of pills-tranquilizers, perhaps? Guess its been rough month for some.
avatar
Lurker

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-02-06
Location : Austria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Joe Bese on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:58 am

Lurker wrote:Ben Wedemann CNN:
Al-Ahram reporting Alex port found diplomatic container with 3.5 tons of pills-tranquilizers, perhaps? Guess its been rough month for some.

Somebody's smuggling ecstasy. Whose container I wonder?
avatar
Joe Bese

Posts : 307
Join date : 2011-02-07
Age : 61
Location : Colorado, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Lurker on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Ben Wedemann CNN:
6 days after Mubarak stepped down, some still driving thru Cairo streets waving flags and cheering as if it happend 5 minutes ago.

-----------
@Joe... perhaps Ghaddafis? Very Happy
avatar
Lurker

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-02-06
Location : Austria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Lurker on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Egypt military junta launches Facebook page

(AFP) – 2 hours ago

CAIRO — Egypt's new military rulers have launched their own Facebook page to better communicate with the youth who used the social networking site to organise protests that drove Hosni Mubarak from power.

The Supreme Council of the Armed Forces dedicated the page "to the sons and youth of Egypt who ignited the January 25 revolution and to its martyrs."

It said the page was established by the head of the council, Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi, who felt that "fruitful cooperation in the coming period with the honourable sons of Egypt would lead to stability and security."

Full:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g53WBowex3gI0I9WCBHRQx6Z4Fdg?docId=CNG.68e525354daffd868eac000986513f10.931
avatar
Lurker

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-02-06
Location : Austria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:54 pm

The elite and generals have been studying class analysis and are more versed in it than most. It is time we did the same so we are able to understand the forces at work....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:57 pm

If people fill the square tomorrow, even at 1/10th of a week ago, it will irrevocably cement and solidify the revolution. Fingers crossed....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:04 am

I'm just about fed up with this forum. No one is interested in Egypt anymore??,,,,,, a country of 80 million? The rest of the disturbances are irrevalent compared to this country, yet where are the people of last week? Egypt leads the way, I hope we will meet again here to witness the profound changes that will sweep the world.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:07 am

Wow! Aljezeera showing HUNDREDS of thousands! Wow! The military generals are quacking in their boots. Hoorah! Sorry Babsi, your appeal to calm isnt quite there yet!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:12 am

Many 10s of thousands more in Alexandria. This is very positive news! The revolution is consolidating. Are we to have a new thread?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by cab123 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:13 am

Mexico wrote:I'm just about fed up with this forum. No one is interested in Egypt anymore??,,,,,, a country of 80 million? The rest of the disturbances are irrevalent compared to this country, yet where are the people of last week? Egypt leads the way, I hope we will meet again here to witness the profound changes that will sweep the world.



the intrest is still here, If you were with this group a few weeks ago, this started in Korea,then Lebanon,EGYPT and will continue cover all areas.IMHO this is the only place to get confirmed Info fast.
avatar
cab123

Posts : 423
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 61
Location : Ohio,USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:24 am

cab123 wrote:
Mexico wrote:I'm just about fed up with this forum. No one is interested in Egypt anymore??,,,,,, a country of 80 million? The rest of the disturbances are irrevalent compared to this country, yet where are the people of last week? Egypt leads the way, I hope we will meet again here to witness the profound changes that will sweep the world.



the intrest is still here, If you were with this group a few weeks ago, this started in Korea,then Lebanon,EGYPT and will continue cover all areas.IMHO this is the only place to get confirmed Info fast.

Thank you cab,,, I've started a new thread. Still I must say Egypt dominates IMO, every where else pales or is following these events....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by miamikat on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:13 am

lol mexico.. many people dont post but come here for info.. like myself.. i still have not made an account but have been following this and others news on this site which i have been following since GLP

but yeah alot dont post but just lurk or view the forum.

miamikat
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Strawberry on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:54 am

http://uruknet.info/?p=m75082&hd=&size=1&l=e

Egyptian workers step up strike offensive
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Strawberry on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:59 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/18/world/middleeast/18egypt.html

Suez Canal Workers Join Broad Strikes in Egypt
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Daios on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:34 am




Egypt to lift emergency law in 6 months


What did i tell you?


Egypt achieved NOTHING!

Daios
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Babsi on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:50 am

Daios wrote:


Egypt to lift emergency law in 6 months


What did i tell you?


Egypt achieved NOTHING!

How do you support this statement?

So far Egypt has achieved quite a lot - Mubarak gone, VP gone, 2 houses of Parliament dissolved, ex Ministers under arrest and or house arrest for corruption and abuse of power, new Amendments for Constitution being drafted by independent committee as we speak, first votes on Constitution by people expected within 2 months, Cabinet being reshuffled and opposition groups invited, regular talks with opposition groups incl. youth with the high council of Armed Forces.

Emergency law remains the last demand, and personally from what I see now with so many criminals still on the loose, black market of weapons, it would be downright stupid to end the emergency law now. The emergency law will be lifted once stability and security is fully restored. Still lacking a lot of security police in Cairo. I so far agree with everything the interim government has done. If the emergency law is being ended in 6 months after more than 30 years...along with having free and fair elections, Egypt has indeed achieved a lot.
avatar
Babsi

Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by miabelieves on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:40 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLM3CswkfQw&feature=player_embedded

Don't know if this will embed....but calling for Babsi or anyone else that knows the language..what are they shouting...on youtube..says they are saying something about heading for Israel and will be martyrs????

Please advise...
avatar
miabelieves

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 48
Location : where ever my job takes me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Janey on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:41 am

Babsi wrote:
Daios wrote:


Egypt to lift emergency law in 6 months


What did i tell you?


Egypt achieved NOTHING!

How do you support this statement?

So far Egypt has achieved quite a lot - Mubarak gone, VP gone, 2 houses of Parliament dissolved, ex Ministers under arrest and or house arrest for corruption and abuse of power, new Amendments for Constitution being drafted by independent committee as we speak, first votes on Constitution by people expected within 2 months, Cabinet being reshuffled and opposition groups invited, regular talks with opposition groups incl. youth with the high council of Armed Forces.

Emergency law remains the last demand, and personally from what I see now with so many criminals still on the loose, black market of weapons, it would be downright stupid to end the emergency law now. The emergency law will be lifted once stability and security is fully restored. Still lacking a lot of security police in Cairo. I so far agree with everything the interim government has done. If the emergency law is being ended in 6 months after more than 30 years...along with having free and fair elections, Egypt has indeed achieved a lot.

those are huge achievements. We have to remember they may seem modest in some ways to western eyes, but for an arab nation to come that far already is huge! A whole cultural shift is taking place to bring democracy.

_________________
avatar
Janey

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Alaskan Girl on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:44 am

Strawberry wrote:
Myhaloisgone wrote:Good morning. Just a thought, and not a good one really...but what IF this was a purposeful military coup due to Mubarak's imminent death? It seems to me that things are a bit too surreal. The transfer of power was clouded with lies, false information and just the fact that we never did actually SEE the man state he was relinquishing his position makes me doubt...or think deeper....whichever . Seems to be an awful lot of nations that have much at stake here...

For me personally the jury is still out having seen strong evidence for both sides.

I posted an article yesterday linking Soros, that El Baradi bloke (sorry cant remember how to spell these names) and the google executive Wael Gohim (sp) before the protests started.

I came back and deleted it as it didnt feel right and strangely enough I havent seen anyone else talk about it so it wasnt common knowledge.

Strawberry, I would really like to see this article!
avatar
Alaskan Girl

Posts : 335
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 54
Location : The middle of nowhere at the edge of the world

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Babsi on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:45 am

Janey wrote:
Babsi wrote:
Daios wrote:


Egypt to lift emergency law in 6 months


What did i tell you?


Egypt achieved NOTHING!

How do you support this statement?

So far Egypt has achieved quite a lot - Mubarak gone, VP gone, 2 houses of Parliament dissolved, ex Ministers under arrest and or house arrest for corruption and abuse of power, new Amendments for Constitution being drafted by independent committee as we speak, first votes on Constitution by people expected within 2 months, Cabinet being reshuffled and opposition groups invited, regular talks with opposition groups incl. youth with the high council of Armed Forces.

Emergency law remains the last demand, and personally from what I see now with so many criminals still on the loose, black market of weapons, it would be downright stupid to end the emergency law now. The emergency law will be lifted once stability and security is fully restored. Still lacking a lot of security police in Cairo. I so far agree with everything the interim government has done. If the emergency law is being ended in 6 months after more than 30 years...along with having free and fair elections, Egypt has indeed achieved a lot.

those are huge achievements. We have to remember they may seem modest in some ways to western eyes, but for an arab nation to come that far already is huge! A whole cultural shift is taking place to bring democracy.

Hi Janey Wave ,
yes exactly, considering Egypt's people really didn't get to decide on anything in regards to their country for 60 years. So this is huge, they are so happy they get to vote on the constitution soon.
Lets hope everything turns out well...so far I haven't heard of any official presidential candidates who started to campaign, only that Ayman Nour and Amr Moussa have said they would run, El Baradei said again he would if people wanted him to. I guess they're still working on their political agenda and plans...only Ayman Nour was in the South a week ago doing some kind of "tour" to talk to people. I think he will be the first who starts as he already ran in 2005 against Mubarak, where he "lost" (in rigged elections) and then was imprisoned for several years.
avatar
Babsi

Posts : 580
Join date : 2011-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Strawberry on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:17 am

Alaskan Girl wrote:
Strawberry wrote:
Myhaloisgone wrote:Good morning. Just a thought, and not a good one really...but what IF this was a purposeful military coup due to Mubarak's imminent death? It seems to me that things are a bit too surreal. The transfer of power was clouded with lies, false information and just the fact that we never did actually SEE the man state he was relinquishing his position makes me doubt...or think deeper....whichever . Seems to be an awful lot of nations that have much at stake here...

For me personally the jury is still out having seen strong evidence for both sides.

I posted an article yesterday linking Soros, that El Baradi bloke (sorry cant remember how to spell these names) and the google executive Wael Gohim (sp) before the protests started.

I came back and deleted it as it didnt feel right and strangely enough I havent seen anyone else talk about it so it wasnt common knowledge.

Strawberry, I would really like to see this article!

Ahhhh! I think I know where to look because I didnt save it and I still havent seen it anywhere else on the net. You know its probably propaganda stuff from the anti democrats or something but I will look AG

flower
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Alaskan Girl on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:36 am

avatar
Alaskan Girl

Posts : 335
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 54
Location : The middle of nowhere at the edge of the world

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Strawberry on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:33 pm

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/protest-in-egypt-after-army-vehicle-kills-woman-4036150

Protest in Egypt after army vehicle kills woman

Around 1,000 Egyptians protested in a city east of Cairo after a woman was killed by an army vehicle during a demonstration, eyewitnesses said.

The incident marked the latest eruption of public anger in the wake of countrywide protests that began on Jan. 25 and led to the toppling of President Hosni Mubarak.

avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum