GLP Authentication

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GLP Authentication

Post by Jenna on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:43 pm

I just clicked on GLP link in my drop down window and now it is asking me for "authentication".

Unfortunately I was never registered there and posted as an AC.

The request that is popping up doesn't have any button to "register".....just to "authenticate"..

Does anyone have any clue how to what to do now.

Apparently GLP is going to come back up but only for those who were already members.........

or is this a trap?

Any clues?

Thanks.

Jenna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GLP Authentication

Post by Mother Mary on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:45 pm

No clue...I read about this but am hesitant to do anything. I was a paying member, but I don't know what it would do. Maybe I'll get enough nerve to put in my login info and see what happens.

“Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.” Robert Anton Wilson
If the site goes down for any reason. Meet us here: Facebook
Mother Mary

View user profile http://tbsforum.thebroadspectrum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:46 pm

Jenna wrote:I just clicked on GLP link in my drop down window and now it is asking me for "authentication".

The request that is popping up doesn't have any button to "register".....just to "authenticate"..

Apparently GLP is going to come back up but only for those who were already members.........

or is this a trap?

Any clues?

Thanks.

Im kinda thinking it may be a trap. Some people on the facebook group for glp mentioned the same thing but said that they couldn't get in either even though they were members...so who knows what the heck is going on....just happy we have this place sunny
Jeremiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:47 pm

Jenna wrote:I just clicked on GLP link in my drop down window and now it is asking me for "authentication".

or is this a trap?

Any clues?

Thanks.

they have been talking about it on FaceBook...some think..it was some kind of hoax...I guess Trinity and someone got into it on voice chat last eve and next thing it was down...some are saying it was planned for a massive upgrade...some say Trinity was being threatened by the Feds...who knows....as I long as I have Janey's news I am good...although I did enjoy some of that soho stuff Wink
miabelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Mary on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:48 pm

I tried it anyways....it wouldn't log in or anything and when I canceled it, it said this:

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Mother Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:48 pm

I just tried it....used my sign in/password...no go...so used my id/password no go...who knows???
miabelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenna on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Hummmmmmmmmmm!!

This is not good. This begs lots of questions then on who is sending out this "authentication".

I believe you are all right. We don't know at this time what the game is or just WHO is seeking access to our computers and info.

Trin has really screwed up in the method he chose to end his website.

Something here really stinks.

At this point.......glad I couldn't "authenticate".

Jenna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Mary on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:59 pm

Jenna wrote:Hummmmmmmmmmm!!

This is not good. This begs lots of questions then on who is sending out this "authentication".

I believe you are all right. We don't know at this time what the game is or just WHO is seeking access to our computers and info.

+1 I don't think I would go back, if they come back up. I mean, to just leave us hanging like this?

I found a home here with all of you. flower

Mother Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Mother Mary wrote:
Jenna wrote:Hummmmmmmmmmm!!

+1 I don't think I would go back, if they come back up. I mean, to just leave us hanging like this?

I found a home here with all of you. flower

Yay, same here!! cheers Smile
Jeremiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenna on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Yep..........I like it here.

I trust Janey.

Jenna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lightchild on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:05 pm

The login box is from the web server, not the forum. The whole website has been password protected, only the user name and password used to create the protection will unlock it.
The method of protection is probably .htaccess
Lots of subscribers are now receiving Paypal refunds Very Happy
lightchild

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenna on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:05 pm

I'm sorry.......but the method used to close down GLP........well, it doesn't sound to me like a method a stable person would use to shut down their website. It was all too cryptic and coded.

I have no idea what the heck went on "inside" over there but I can guarantee you that it didn't include me or involve me.

I was stunned by all the strange postings in the closing and that strange video at the end.

This just sounded totally mental to me and not logical.

What ever is going on..........Trinity should have just "said" so mentally stable people out there
could grasp the meaning.

Some kind of wars may have been going on but I know absolutely nothing about it.

It just seems like a total injustice to the normal people who just posted good stuff and just wanted a platform to communicate with.

I feel so sorry for Trinity that it all had to end like this but I am very leery of what it is all about now.

Jenna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:40 pm

okay now we need an agree button...to push...I agree with Jenna
I had been wondering about the paid members and what would happen with their money lost in cyber world and I was thinking of being a paid member last night...so glad I did not
miabelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Mary on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:44 pm

miabelieves wrote:okay now we need an agree button...to push...I agree with Jenna
I had been wondering about the paid members and what would happen with their money lost in cyber world and I was thinking of being a paid member last night...so glad I did not

Can ya believe I paid my monthly due yesterday? It is being said on GLP Facebook that people are getting their money back. I'll let you all know if I get my $10 back.

Mother Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickster58 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:43 pm

I am a paid member at GLP. I also had to authenticate my username and password. Once you do that you are in.

GLP is also offering an extra months subscription for paid members as an apology for the site being down.

It seems like it's business as usual at GLP
Rickster58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Jenna wrote:I'm sorry.......but the method used to close down GLP........well, it doesn't sound to me like a method a stable person would use to shut down their website. It was all too cryptic and coded.

What ever is going on..........Trinity should have just "said" so mentally stable people out there
could grasp the meaning.

Concurred!

That sort of incoherent rambling "message" was an injustice to those who financially support(ed) the site.

A simple explaination to the effect that "Please bear with us, our site is temporarily unavailable on account of litigation" would have been both factual and coherent.

Those of us who financially support(ed) the site by having membership autodrafted from our checking account were left wondering if the website had been hacked, and if we would need to contact our bank this morning to have the auto debits ceased.

We are (or were) paying customers for a service.

That website is a vendor of services.

The vendor did not provide customers with a coherent explaination as to why service was unavailable.

I don't do business that way.

Mad
goodmockingbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:54 am

GLP is so familiar for me so it is hard to just walk away. I never got to see the authentication page or all the other stuff people are saying was there. I know the site went down this morning again but it is up now. I go there but honestly, the news there is not what I am looking for anymore. Why cant we all have a place to go and talk about the REAL news without all this hassle....A conspiracy site turns into a conspiracy turns into a conspiracy....It's Nutso!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiral on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:58 am

Mary, don't forget that (if i remember what I read correctly, never gave GLP a dime) that it is a recurring monthly transaction. So if you haven't cancelled your 'subscription' and are only trying it for a month, expect another $10 to come out in 28days.
Chiral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Sweet.Skitzo wrote:GLP is so familiar for me so it is hard to just walk away. I never got to see the authentication page or all the other stuff people are saying was there. I know the site went down this morning again but it is up now. I go there but honestly, the news there is not what I am looking for anymore. Why cant we all have a place to go and talk about the REAL news without all this hassle....A conspiracy site turns into a conspiracy turns into a conspiracy....It's Nutso!

just take a look around you here Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ICU on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:18 pm

The more I come here and post the more this feels like my first home. Like Janey said look around a lot of the same people with just a little different format.
ICU

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Mary on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:29 pm

Chiral wrote:Mary, don't forget that (if i remember what I read correctly, never gave GLP a dime) that it is a recurring monthly transaction. So if you haven't cancelled your 'subscription' and are only trying it for a month, expect another $10 to come out in 28days.

Already canceled. Caught on to that before.... What a Face

Mother Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top