Egypt Rolling Updates Wednesday 09 Feb

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Wednesday 09 Feb

Post by Janey on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:27 am

Sulieman currently holding another press conference:-

"The overthrow of Mubarak and the government would lead to chaos and anarchy. Mubarak must stay to avoid foreign interests destroying Egypt in a coup attempt"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EVAFREEisME on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:37 am

Strawberry wrote:1045 GMT: Calm, rational headline of the day comes from an article by Kenneth Pollack, former CIA officer, in The Wall Street Journal: "Could al Qaeda Hijack Egypt's Revolution?"

http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/2011/2/9/egypt-and-beyond-liveblog-surge.html
Hmmm.
First there was the old WMD speculation tentatively put forward by the wests 'own' state controlled media. Not mentioned was the US supply of arms to Mubaracks regime over the past 30 years.

Now the allegedly CIA group 'The List' (aka Al CIAduh) appears to be calling all Egyptians to arms.
Is anyone else seeing a game play here?

With the lack of interest displayed by my own country's media and political puppets, my gut feeling is they might just get away with it. Spinning the 'news' to a dumbed down audience.

Of course, this is surely wild speculation on my behalf. However, every time I begin to think my ideas are as useful as a box full of flaccid phallus's (or should that be phallusi??) I remind myself of 911.
4EVAFREEisME

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Biden, Suleiman consult on Egypt

Post by FoolOnTheHill on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:37 am

WASHINGTON, Feb. 8 (UPI) -- As a 15th day of demonstrations rocked Cairo Tuesday, Vice President Joe Biden talked with Egyptian Vice President Omar Suleiman, affirming U.S. support.
Hundreds of thousands gathered in Tahrir Square Tuesday to press demands President Hosni Mubarak step aside.
Biden told Suleiman the United States supports an orderly transition
in Egypt and urged a "prompt, meaningful, peaceful and legitimate"
change.
"The vice president reaffirmed that the future of Egypt will be
determined by the Egyptian people," a White House readout on the
conversation said. "The vice president took note of steps the government
of Egypt has pledged to take in response to the opposition and urged
the government to take immediate action to follow through on its
commitments."
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/02/08/Biden-Suleiman-consult-on-Egypt/UPI-66371297199857/#ixzz1DSrTQO7N

Of course, this is what the said they talked about. All very nice sounding. American politicians seem out-of-touch, and just like Mubarak they are going through their deck of cards to see if one of them will work. Sorry, the Egyptian people are quite determined and will not be fooled (I wish I could say the same for most Americans; oh well).

FoolOnTheHill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EVAFREEisME on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:44 am

Janey wrote:Sulieman currently holding another press conference:-

"The overthrow of Mubarak and the government would lead to chaos and anarchy. Mubarak must stay to avoid foreign interests destroying Egypt in a coup attempt"

Interpretation;
Sillyman - "You think we were bad??? Wait til you see who is replacing us....!"

Sadly, he might just have a point.

*Sigh*

I really hope this leads to what the Egyptian people seek.
4EVAFREEisME

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolOnTheHill on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:44 am

4EVAFREEisME wrote:
Strawberry wrote:1045 GMT: Calm, rational headline of the day comes from an article by Kenneth Pollack, former CIA officer, in The Wall Street Journal: "Could al Qaeda Hijack Egypt's Revolution?"

http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/2011/2/9/egypt-and-beyond-liveblog-surge.html
Hmmm.
First there was the old WMD speculation tentatively put forward by the wests 'own' state controlled media. Not mentioned was the US supply of arms to Mubaracks regime over the past 30 years.

Now the allegedly CIA group 'The List' (aka Al CIAduh) appears to be calling all Egyptians to arms.

With the lack of interest displayed by my own country's media and political puppets, my gut feeling is they might just get away with it. Spinning the 'news' to a dumbed down audience.

Of course, this is surely wild speculation on my behalf. However, every time I begin to think my ideas are as useful as a box full of flaccid phallus's (or should that be phallusi??) I remind myself of 911.
You analysis is quite correct, I think. The powers that be and their minions are quite predictable and transparent once you have studied their game. But the Egyptian people are not playing that game.

We know there are good people in the military (and some not-so-good). I think it is time the good ones acted and shut up these politicians. But it may take a large nation-wide strike to bring that about. Just rambling thoughts on my second cup of coffee.

FoolOnTheHill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snark on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:45 am

Tweet: Over a thousand protesters now marching from Tahrir to reinforce their new position outside Egypt's parliament
snark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snark on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:46 am

Protests in Egypt Take A Turn As Workers Go On Strike

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/10/world/middleeast/10egypt.html?_r=1
snark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EVAFREEisME on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:53 am

snark wrote:Tweet: Over a thousand protesters now marching from Tahrir to reinforce their new position outside Egypt's parliament
Hi Snark
Wave
I remember you had some kind words for me when I was posting as an AC quite some time back. That always stuck with me.
Good to see you here fighting the good fight.

4EVAFREEisME

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snark on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:54 am

4EVAFREEisME wrote:
snark wrote:Tweet: Over a thousand protesters now marching from Tahrir to reinforce their new position outside Egypt's parliament
Hi Snark
Wave
I remember you had some kind words for me when I was posting as an AC quite some time back. That always stuck with me.
Good to see you here fighting the good fight.

Hi 4EVA!!! So good to see you here!!! Smile Smile Smile
snark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:55 am

army enters parliament 4 1st time n country's history 2 protect it. Parliament employees told 2 stay home 4 days #jan25
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:55 am

Good morning, good people. Catching up. Hope you all are well.
Earth Cries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:58 am

BelgianBoy wrote:army enters parliament 4 1st time n country's history 2 protect it. Parliament employees told 2 stay home 4 days #jan25

Wow Shocked
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:58 am

Morning all
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:58 am

FB page calling for appointment of @Ghonim as spokesman of revolt now has 221,776 followers http://www.facebook.com/Authorize.Ghoneim #Jan25
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:01 am

4EVAFREEisME wrote:

Hmmm.

most people want to ignore facts because it dosn't fit into the way they think.U mentioned 9-11,
look at the pic's on the terrorist thread
cab123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:11 am

AJ in an interview, the people are angrier then we have seen them...any word on the wires about the mood of the people Janey?
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:16 am

Ubetcha wrote:Yahoo news Sulieman say "dialogue or coup"

Hi guys - just a quick check-in, having something to eat after work, but must run out for a meeting in a bit.

Coup please!!

Man this guy is grinding on my nerves - first news I see today - "Soliman: Asking for the departure of Mubarak is disrespectful". Oh Shut It! My friends will now start making signs in regards to him as well....calling him for what he is and tell him to GET OUT TOO...lets see how he likes that.
Razz
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Mary on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:19 am

Strawberry wrote:
Limpan wrote:Morning amazing people!!!!!!

They are asking for Janey on GLP!!!!
sad

Hey to the wonderful Limpan cheers

I would be surprised if they were NOT asking for JediJaney. We should send a note through saying,

'tough you cant have her because she belongs to us, so nee nawww'

afro

Seriously though I hope they find this place. Perhaps we should switch on our psychotic/pike-ick powers and send messages to them via ESP

king

Morning all! I have this theory that I would go out in a blaze of a really huge thread with all caps announcing Janey's site here. But then I think that even if I stay in the wings there it would give others a chance to at least PM me and maybe ask. I have posted with the in Honor of Janey in my siggy and not a peep about it. It isn't linking to here though.

Looks like things are heating up a little more today in Egypt.

“Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.” Robert Anton Wilson
If the site goes down for any reason. Meet us here: Facebook
Mother Mary

View user profile http://tbsforum.thebroadspectrum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:20 am

Janey wrote:
Strawberry wrote:Al-Qaeda in Iraq calls on Egyptian protestors to wage jihad

Al-Qaeda-front group The Islamic State of Iraq has called on Egyptian protestors to wage jihad and push for the establishment of a government based on Islamic law, the US-based SITE monitoring service said Tuesday.

The statement, which appears to be the first reaction of any group affiliated with Al-Qaeda to the ongoing protests in Egypt, was issued on jihadist forums on February 8, according to the US group.

The message, addressed to the protestors, says that the "market of jihad" has opened in Egypt and "the doors of martyrdom have opened," and every able-bodied man must participate.

The group urged Egyptians to ignore the "ignorant deceiving ways" of secularism, democracy, and "rotten pagan nationalism."

http://nowlebanon.com/NewsArticleDetails.aspx?ID=238731

you know this was only a matter of time before they said something. My only surprise is why this didnt happen sooner. I think Muh and I were wondering about this over a week ago now. If they seen an opening they take it. I think the good news is that their power base in Egypt is very weak, but they should still be watched

I think egyptians will ignore THEIR statement. Nobody wants these guys around or get involved, just told one of my friends while on the phone with him, he laughed and said they can do their own stuff, we're doing our thing here. We're not doing jihad, we're getting rid of tyrants to be free. Ignore democracy? LOL These guys are really mental.
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:22 am

Reporter: Discussions held to start spreading at Ramsis square w/ intention to march toward Oroba Palace.
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:23 am

clashes bt ppl & police in Kharga new valley, police opened fire, 3 dead & more than 100 injured
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:24 am

bbclysedoucet lyse doucet
Keep meeting Egyptians who say family & friends r flying in this week to go to Tahrir Sq
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:29 am

I'm so proud of the Egyptians! Their tenacity is an example for us all...I just wish I could help them somehow like some of you are doing.
Mimi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:29 am

Anybody notice the Google ad at the top of page? GOLD TOE SOCKS
cab123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

On GLP

Post by FoolOnTheHill on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:30 am

When I go to GLP (which I do these days just for the headlines) I get this video and "No Doom" so it looks like the site got hacked again (the seem to have so many "friends"). Anyway, if you provide a link to here you get banned. Been there, done that. Probably a good thing actually, keeps the trolls away. An alternate and much more friendly site is http://lunaticoutpost.com/

FoolOnTheHill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top