Egypt Rolling Updates Wednesday 09 Feb

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Wednesday 09 Feb

Post by Babsi on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:32 am

Just got an updated from my embassy:

Telling me to seriously "consider" leaving - however, telling me not to go into areas with protests, avoid crowds, not go out in places far from my house, strictly adhere to the curfew. Got a emergency number to call if any trouble!

Things are getting only dodgy for me since Sillyman started the xenophobia. He said foreigners belittle Egypt and are cause for the current unrests. Thanks MAN for making my life here difficult and downright dangerous - what a jerk. And that a country that NEEDS foreigners. Yet it's the protesters fault for any economic difficulties now - boy he's a real cupcake this guy isn't he?
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:33 am

BelgianBoy wrote:Reporter: Discussions held to start spreading at Ramsis square w/ intention to march toward Oroba Palace.

cheers
Babsi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EVAFREEisME on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:34 am

cab123 wrote:
4EVAFREEisME wrote:
Strawberry wrote:1045 GMT: Calm, rational headline of the day comes from an article by Kenneth Pollack, former CIA officer, in The Wall Street Journal: "Could al Qaeda Hijack Egypt's Revolution?"

http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/2011/2/9/egypt-and-beyond-liveblog-surge.html
Hmmm.
First there was the old WMD speculation tentatively put forward by the wests 'own' state controlled media. Not mentioned was the US supply of arms to Mubaracks regime over the past 30 years.

Now the allegedly CIA group 'The List' (aka Al CIAduh) appears to be calling all Egyptians to arms.
Is anyone else seeing a game play here?

With the lack of interest displayed by my own country's media and political puppets, my gut feeling is they might just get away with it. Spinning the 'news' to a dumbed down audience.

Of course, this is surely wild speculation on my behalf. However, every time I begin to think my ideas are as useful as a box full of flaccid phallus's (or should that be phallusi??) I remind myself of 911.

most people want to ignore facts because it dosn't fit into the way they think.U mentioned 9-11,
look at the pic's on the terrorist thread
Will do when my internet connection is not being hijacked by resident gig pigs.
4EVAFREEisME

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:35 am

Babsi wrote:Just got an updated from my embassy:

Telling me to seriously "consider" leaving - however, telling me not to go into areas with protests, avoid crowds, not go out in places far from my house, strictly adhere to the curfew. Got a emergency number to call if any trouble!

Things are getting only dodgy for me since Sillyman started the xenophobia. He said foreigners belittle Egypt and are cause for the current unrests. Thanks MAN for making my life here difficult and downright dangerous - what a jerk. And that a country that NEEDS foreigners. Yet it's the protesters fault for any economic difficulties now - boy he's a real cupcake this guy isn't he?

Be careful. Read on another site they last night gangs were roaming the streets and targeting foreigners. Please Babsi be careful
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:38 am

AJ French outraged the Mubarak provided a plane and paid for his vacation per AJ
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:39 am

Ubetcha wrote:AJ French outraged the Mubarak provided a plane and paid for his vacation per AJ

Forgot it was the French foreign minister that accepted these gifts
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:39 am

Hi Babsi, remember last week when we talked about staying? It was your choice then and now,I repeat now what I told you then, Please be safe. Heart Flowers
cab123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly girl on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:39 am

Be careful Babsi....
Goodmorning everyone. Thank you for the updates. Sounds like things are heating up again.
butterfly girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AC on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:39 am

Ex-Chief of Staff Mofaz Urges US to Halt Military Aid to Egypt - Defense/Middle East -Israel National News
Ex-Chief of Staff Mofaz Urges US to Halt Military Aid to Egypt ... - israelnationalnews.com
Twitter - seconds ago

AC

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolOnTheHill on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:41 am

Sillyman and Mubarak must be thinking they are going to survive all of this. Man are they in for a surprise. They both need to stand trial along with the American politicos (Cheney, Biden, et. al.) who have been supporting and advising them IMO.

FoolOnTheHill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EVAFREEisME on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:41 am

Night all.
Must. Get. Sleep.
Otherwise....

BTW good work with the smilies LLL.

We got some beaut ones rolling in folks.

Godspeed the good Egyptian people. May your courage be a beacon to the people of this planet.

Hugs
4EVAFREEisME

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:41 am

Ubetcha wrote:AJ in an interview, the people are angrier then we have seen them...any word on the wires about the mood of the people Janey?

sorry, I had just been taken out to lunch. Now, I am fat full and contented I am back on the wires. Yes, I think the anger is rising rapidly, much of that due to the responses from the regime. They are offering too little, too late which is just making things worse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:42 am

BelgianBoy wrote:bbclysedoucet lyse doucet
Keep meeting Egyptians who say family & friends r flying in this week to go to Tahrir Sq

Yes, saw a report about that last night on either CNN or AJE. People from all over the world are flying in to join their country in protest. Seems like Friday will be a HUGE day.
Earth Cries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:43 am

Earth Cries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Limpan on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:43 am

How much is it in this story from Debka

Debkafile's military sources report that the American force consists of the USS Kearsarge Expeditionary Strike Group of six warships. Helicopters on some of their decks are there to carry and drop the 2,200 marines of the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit which has been bolstered by two special operations battalions.

Limpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:43 am

up to 2000 at the parliament now, seems we are entering a new phase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:44 am

Janey wrote:
Ubetcha wrote:AJ in an interview, the people are angrier then we have seen them...any word on the wires about the mood of the people Janey?

sorry, I had just been taken out to lunch. Now, I am fat full and contented I am back on the wires. Yes, I think the anger is rising rapidly, much of that due to the responses from the regime. They are offering too little, too late which is just making things worse

Also the regiemes tone sure doesn't help quell the anger. Bow
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:46 am

Thanks #Tnuisia and #Egypt. After 4 years of blocking, Syria lifts the restriction/blocking imposed on Facebook and Youtube
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:49 am

there is revolt taking place now in all state run newspapers by journalists against their pro governest editors.
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:50 am

#egypts new constitutional reform committee has agreed to amend articles 76 77 88 93 179 189 of the constitution immediately.
BelgianBoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolOnTheHill on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:51 am

Limpan wrote:How much is it in this story from Debka

Debkafile's military sources report that the American force consists of the USS Kearsarge Expeditionary Strike Group of six warships. Helicopters on some of their decks are there to carry and drop the 2,200 marines of the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit which has been bolstered by two special operations battalions.

Thanks for the info. I hope they have enough sense to stay the hell out of this.

FoolOnTheHill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:52 am

funnily enough for Debka, who are usually about as reliable as the weather, that is absolutely correct. I was aware of that last week, but shared it with very few people because I believe publishing info like that puts troops in harms way. However, as they have now told the world, I can confirm it. This is why I have made cryptic allusions to special forces being used in some posts. I was careful who I shared this with. Babsi can confirm.

So, yes Debka has it right for once, but I am dismayed that they would publish the info

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:52 am

FoolOnTheHill wrote:

Thanks for the info. I hope they have enough sense to stay the hell out of this.

They don't Suspect
Ubetcha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolOnTheHill on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:52 am

Out of here for a while. Be safe Babsi! You seem like a very smart person so I am sure you can avoid any danger. We all appreciate you so much.

FoolOnTheHill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AC on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:55 am

#Shafik moves his office to Civil Aviation Ministry b/c of Protesters. Big Win @monasosh #jan25 #Egypt #democracy ... - More ยป
Twitter - 1 minute ago

Shafiq is the Prime Minister who was blocked from coming to the Parliament building yesterday by the protesters.

AC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum