The Hobbit - Filming starts on March 21

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hobbit - Filming starts on March 21

Post by Lurker on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:22 am

Production Company 3foot7 Ltd announced on Monday, that the first day of principal shooting for THE HOBBIT will be on March 21

"This date has been chosen following practical considerations of the filming schedule requirements, actor availability and the NZ seasons. Shooting will take place at Stone Street Studios in Miramar and on location around New Zealand."

Confirmed cast include: Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, Ken Stott, Graham McTavish, William Kircher, James Nesbitt, Stephen Hunter, Rob Kazinsky, Aidan Turner, Peter Hambleton, John Callen, Jed Brophy, Mark Hadlow, Adam Brown, Cate Blanchett, Andy Serkis, Mikael Persbrant, Sylvester McCoy and Elijah Wood.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011/02/06/42126-start-of-shoot-date-announced-for-%E2%80%98the-hobbit%E2%80%99-movies/
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hobbit - Filming starts on March 21

Post by Janey on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:07 am

so looking forward to that as I so love the original movies. I have read the books every year since I was very little.

So excited that Sylv McCoy is in it too! Anyone know what role he is playing?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:19 pm

He was confirmed as Radagast The Brown, however the latest infos are from oct 2010. He is confirmed, but hadn't signed at that time

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/10/23/39529-sylvester-mccoy-confirms-his-role-as-radagast-the-brown/

----
wow Janey, EVERY year?

you're the queen

I have yet to read the books in english, I switched to reading literature in the original (well, if it's english Very Happy) language quite a while after my first contact with Tolkien
Wink

but there's enough time til the release in 2012 I hope Very Happy
Lurker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:02 am

hey Lurker,

Yes every year since I was about 5 or so I have made a point of reading LOTR, Hobbit and Silmarillion every year. I just love that world. I have the audio books of all three on my Ipod along with dramatised versions of LOTR and Hobbit from the BBC, so I often listen whilst I am working too.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top