Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Strawberry on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:33 pm

the police cut off the electricity and water about 2-3 hours ago, they fired live bullets at the protesters #NewValley #Jan25
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Strawberry on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:36 pm

http://canaryinthecoalmine.typepad.com/my-blog/2011/02/egypts-muslim-brotherhood-in-their-own-words.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=canaryncoalmine

The Canary in the Coalmine
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:44 pm

Strawberry wrote:
Mexico wrote:Just stopping by...

The news of state TV actually broadcasting Tahrir is only slightly encouraging. But not nearly enough. Even if they went off air it wouldnt be enough. Either the existing staff has to join the revolution or protesters have to step in. It is of the utmost importance that a media station, TV or radio, coordinates protests, informs and educates people....

Hi Mexico

This is worrying and Im sure we will here more news soon of what is to come of it.

Good evening Strawberry,,

In 2006 Oaxaca city the protesters controlled the University radio station, where Indy Media quickly retransmitted the broadcast over the internet. It proved so critical in the rebellion that the govt targeted it continuously and thousands protected it. In the pitched battles that ensued around the city the radio station gave tactical advice and intel and if help was needed somewhere, a call to assist.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:46 pm

Strawberry wrote:the police cut off the electricity and water about 2-3 hours ago, they fired live bullets at the protesters #NewValley #Jan25

Where what is this -Wadi El-Gedeed?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Strawberry on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Mexico wrote:
Strawberry wrote:the police cut off the electricity and water about 2-3 hours ago, they fired live bullets at the protesters #NewValley #Jan25

Where what is this -Wadi El-Gedeed?

From what I can gather from some of the other tweets it is the NDP building but Babsi or JediJaney will have to confirm this.
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Strawberry on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Mexico wrote:
Strawberry wrote:
Mexico wrote:Just stopping by...

The news of state TV actually broadcasting Tahrir is only slightly encouraging. But not nearly enough. Even if they went off air it wouldnt be enough. Either the existing staff has to join the revolution or protesters have to step in. It is of the utmost importance that a media station, TV or radio, coordinates protests, informs and educates people....

Hi Mexico

This is worrying and Im sure we will here more news soon of what is to come of it.

Good evening Strawberry,,

In 2006 Oaxaca city the protesters controlled the University radio station, where Indy Media quickly retransmitted the broadcast over the internet. It proved so critical in the rebellion that the govt targeted it continuously and thousands protected it. In the pitched battles that ensued around the city the radio station gave tactical advice and intel and if help was needed somewhere, a call to assist.

Hi there Mexico rendeer

Yes I can see why it is tactical and important to the revelution. Also the journalist from State TV who resigned a few days ago said that because so many of the Egyptian people cant read or write they get their main news from the TV.
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Strawberry on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:55 pm

Mubarak (n.): a psychotic ex-girl/boyfriend who fails to understand it's over #jan25 #Egypt
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Strawberry on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:56 pm

Mubarak (adj.): slow to learn or understand. Ex: "Why do you have to be so mubarak?!" #jan25 #Egypt #Cairo #Tahrir
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Strawberry on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Wisner

http://blogs.reuters.com/frontrow/2011/02/08/diplomatic-storm-leads-to-question-what-was-wisner/
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by 4EVAFREEisME on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:05 pm

Peace and salutations all.
First, a big thankyou to Janey and of course everyone who has worked tirelessly to put this forum together. A valuable source of real news. Well done and hugs all round.
Like most here, I sought Janeys news after the shutdown event, via the circuitous route of LOP.
I wont have much to add to the breaking news, however my small part to play is conveying up to date information to those people close to me of the 'news behind the news'.
Babsi and all those in Egypt, there are those around the world that support the Egyptian people in their courageous stance and unshakable determination to create a peaceful existence governed by acceptance and understanding, free of tyrannical political and religious extremists.
There are many of us supporting you all, and as isolated as we may be from one another, know that our numbers are growing.
Group hug
Group Hug
avatar
4EVAFREEisME

Posts : 60
Join date : 2011-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by He who Seeks Truth on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Strawberry wrote:http://canaryinthecoalmine.typepad.com/my-blog/2011/02/egypts-muslim-brotherhood-in-their-own-words.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=canaryncoalmine

The Canary in the Coalmine

Just a hunch.....But I'll give you a 10 to 1 odds the Muslim Brotherhood is controlled by the Minority of the "Muslim Brotherhood" Now history teaches us that it isn't wise to ignore fringe groups....As Europe and the rest of the world are well aware of! But history also teaches us that fear of confronting these groups can greatly empower them. Thats why in all the press they are brought out to the forefront! The world is watching! How they handle this is Egypt choice! And the world will support or condemn Egypt for their choices, Thats the down side of freedom, Your responsible for your choices! But the choice's are Egypt's! People always ask...How do you tell the Good Guys from the Bad guys.....By what they DO!
But for my own part...It's not the Dog I know about that concern's me....Because it's usually the Dog I don't know about that sneaks up and Bites me on the Butt!
avatar
He who Seeks Truth

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Strawberry on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:21 pm

He who Seeks Truth wrote:
Strawberry wrote:http://canaryinthecoalmine.typepad.com/my-blog/2011/02/egypts-muslim-brotherhood-in-their-own-words.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=canaryncoalmine

The Canary in the Coalmine

Just a hunch.....But I'll give you a 10 to 1 odds the Muslim Brotherhood is controlled by the Minority of the "Muslim Brotherhood" Now history teaches us that it isn't wise to ignore fringe groups....As Europe and the rest of the world are well aware of! But history also teaches us that fear of confronting these groups can greatly empower them. Thats why in all the press they are brought out to the forefront! The world is watching! How they handle this is Egypt choice! And the world will support or condemn Egypt for their choices, Thats the down side of freedom, Your responsible for your choices! But the choice's are Egypt's! People always ask...How do you tell the Good Guys from the Bad guys.....By what they DO!
But for my own part...It's not the Dog I know about that concern's me....Because it's usually the Dog I don't know about that sneaks up and Bites me on the Butt!

The power behind the thrones I call that hidden dog

and MB is best researched pre 1928

avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Strawberry on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:24 pm

4EVAFREEisME wrote:Peace and salutations all.
First, a big thankyou to Janey and of course everyone who has worked tirelessly to put this forum together. A valuable source of real news. Well done and hugs all round.
Like most here, I sought Janeys news after the shutdown event, via the circuitous route of LOP.
I wont have much to add to the breaking news, however my small part to play is conveying up to date information to those people close to me of the 'news behind the news'.
Babsi and all those in Egypt, there are those around the world that support the Egyptian people in their courageous stance and unshakable determination to create a peaceful existence governed by acceptance and understanding, free of tyrannical political and religious extremists.
There are many of us supporting you all, and as isolated as we may be from one another, know that our numbers are growing.
Group hug
Group Hug

Hey

Great to see you and thankyou for your support.

Janey is on tweeter and facebook so if at anytime this address goes down for any reason then she will be able to reach you still.

Check out the links on this website for these addressess

Very Happy
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by He who Seeks Truth on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Strawberry Said
The power behind the thrones I call that hidden dog

See Folks...Thinking isn't as Hard as you think! Wink
avatar
He who Seeks Truth

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by 4EVAFREEisME on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Strawberry wrote:
4EVAFREEisME wrote:Peace and salutations all.
First, a big thankyou to Janey and of course everyone who has worked tirelessly to put this forum together. A valuable source of real news. Well done and hugs all round.
Like most here, I sought Janeys news after the shutdown event, via the circuitous route of LOP.
I wont have much to add to the breaking news, however my small part to play is conveying up to date information to those people close to me of the 'news behind the news'.
Babsi and all those in Egypt, there are those around the world that support the Egyptian people in their courageous stance and unshakable determination to create a peaceful existence governed by acceptance and understanding, free of tyrannical political and religious extremists.
There are many of us supporting you all, and as isolated as we may be from one another, know that our numbers are growing.
Group hug
Group Hug

Hey

Great to see you and thankyou for your support.

Janey is on tweeter and facebook so if at anytime this address goes down for any reason then she will be able to reach you still.

Check out the links on this website for these addressess

Very Happy
Hi Strawberry Wave
I was a deep level lurker on 'The Other Site' (hereby referred to as TOS). I am familiar with your posts. TY for the links and your welcome
I'm into hugs.
Here is another one.

Anyhoo, back on topic.
avatar
4EVAFREEisME

Posts : 60
Join date : 2011-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Jeremiah on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Only ppl who seek out the news know about #Jan25. I'm hoping seeing people wearing buttons about it will spread the word! #Egypt

farao I definitely will be Smile
avatar
Jeremiah

Posts : 224
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 35
Location : Cookeville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Jeremiah on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:38 pm

RT @monasosh: Good morning world, from infront of the parliament we greet you #Jan25

avatar
Jeremiah

Posts : 224
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 35
Location : Cookeville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Jeremiah on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:39 pm

From Twitter:
Has anyone seen pigeons descend and peacefully roam the streets of Cairo before? It's becoming a normal sight every morning in Tahrir Smile
avatar
Jeremiah

Posts : 224
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 35
Location : Cookeville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Jeremiah on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Live interview with Egyptian protester at the Parliament Building (From AJE TV, video is of the square, interview is audio)




Also: Egypy's Women on the March (Link to Video and summary) Very Happy

http://www.euronews.net/2011/02/06/egypt-s-women-on-the-march/
avatar
Jeremiah

Posts : 224
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 35
Location : Cookeville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Jeremiah on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:49 pm

pic of the day! Cupcakes with the #egyptian flag at a local bakery! #tahrir #jan25

avatar
Jeremiah

Posts : 224
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 35
Location : Cookeville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by He who Seeks Truth on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:55 pm

OK Ladies and Gentlemen.... I'm old and ugly, so I NEED my beauty Sleep!

To the Children of Egypt!
No matter how the day ends...The future IS Yours!
If you build it on Fear..Your just rebuilding the past!

Like they say in the funny papers!
HI HO...HI ho.. It's off to sleep I go!
avatar
He who Seeks Truth

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Jeremiah on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:55 pm

RT Police officer to * I escaped from the service after Interior Min asked us to fire live bullets randomly on protesters. #Jan25

Good for him!!! Wish there were like this brave one...
avatar
Jeremiah

Posts : 224
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 35
Location : Cookeville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Strawberry on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:56 pm

He who Seeks Truth wrote:OK Ladies and Gentlemen.... I'm old and ugly, so I NEED my beauty Sleep!

To the Children of Egypt!
No matter how the day ends...The future IS Yours!
If you build it on Fear..Your just rebuilding the past!

Like they say in the funny papers!
HI HO...HI ho.. It's off to sleep I go!

lol!

good night and sweet dreams
avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Jeremiah on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:56 pm

He who Seeks Truth wrote:OK Ladies and Gentlemen.... I'm old and ugly, so I NEED my beauty Sleep!

To the Children of Egypt!
No matter how the day ends...The future IS Yours!
If you build it on Fear..Your just rebuilding the past!

Like they say in the funny papers!
HI HO...HI ho.. It's off to sleep I go!

lol...goodnight "He Who Seeks Truth"!! Sweet dreams and indeed, Go Egypt!!
avatar
Jeremiah

Posts : 224
Join date : 2011-02-06
Age : 35
Location : Cookeville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Strawberry on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:58 pm

Jeremiah wrote:RT Police officer to @ghonim: I escaped from the service after Interior Min asked us to fire live bullets randomly on protesters. #Jan25

Good for him!!! Wish there were like this brave one...

avatar
Strawberry

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2011-02-07
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum